This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companies for fork service?
Hello Iv a pair of fox  float rc2 36 2011 that I think the dampness have gone on them and also in need of a general service. Iv used tf tuned and mojo in the past , just wondered as their seems to be a lot more companies around offering servicing who people would recommend? Other question is is getting push fit a good thing? Thanks appreciate any opinions  Smile
Hey dude...

I've just got the lyriks back from TF Tuned.. Nothing to compare it too in terms of what they have done, but i can't fault them. Kept me informed with what they were doing and we're very speedy.

Top marks
I think you have options now Matt but it will be decided by how quick you want them back.
TF Tuned and Mojo are quick but cost top dollar, if you can wait a bit then Simon at Locotuning will save you some cash(personal recommendation as I have used him). Also heard good things about Plush suspension tuning, they are meant to be quite quick and cheaper than the "big two".
"Skid" Wrote:Hello Iv a pair of fox  float rc2 36 2011 that I think the dampness have gone on them and also in need of a general service. Iv used tf tuned and mojo in the past , just wondered as their seems to be a lot more companies around offering servicing who people would recommend? Other question is is getting push fit a good thing? Thanks appreciate any opinions  Smile

Do the rc2's have he fit cartridge ?
If they do then make sure whoever services them have the competence to service them correctly. Watching a video on he fox site,the service of these looks "complicated".
The rest of the service is straight forward.

The lubrication of fit forks is basically using a small quantity of "green" fox lubricant in the bottom of both legs.this combined with well lub'd foam rings will adequately lub both legs. If you don't them the stancions wear as well as the bushes, and this costs !

I realise that this has not answered your question, just make sure whoever does the service understands (if you have one),how to service the fit cartridge.
Done a quick check, and teh RC2's do appear to have a FIT cartridge.

So, make sure whoever does the service understands what to do with it. Apart from teh FIT cartridge, there is not much else to worry about. there's the change of dust wiper seals, some "Green" oil for lub'ing the bushes, some fox fluid for the sponge things that are just below the wiper sealsAnd little else. The magic takes place in the FIT.

My intrest like others, will be where I send my Fox 32 RLC FIT's when they need a tune-up...................Mojo is a no-brainer, but if there is someone else ? Wink
Thanks for the feed back guys iv always done the dust wiper seal and put the oil in the lower leg service myself. Although like everyone not as often as the 15 hours recommended :B. Shame there still seems no one in kent that you can just drop them into and have a chat with.
More importantly, why can I not spell teh ?