This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockshox Reba SL Missing Red Knob
Evening All

I have only just started to read up on the Fork on my new bike. It is the Reba SL 2009. It seems to be missing the red anodized rebound (i think) adjust knob from the bottom of the right leg. Am I right in thinking this should be there? If so, what effect will the missing knob have on the forks performance?
Cheers
"Blackers" Wrote:Evening All

I have only just started to read up on the Fork on my new bike. It is the Reba SL 2009. It seems to be missing the red anodized rebound (i think) adjust knob from the bottom of the right leg. Am I right in thinking this should be there? If so, what effect will the missing knob have on the forks performance?
Cheers

even if it has no affect on performace(im not sure) you wont be able to have any adjustment on rebound... take it back and ask for a new fork/new red knob
The right leg looking from the front of the bike or from when sitting on the bike?  My Reba SL (07) has one rebound adjust red knob, the bottom of the other leg is for negative air.  I have to say i thought the red knob looked like it could fall off quite easily.  In the short term you should be able to adjust rebound using an allen key
It won't affect performance at all.  But it does make it tricky to adjust the rebound (a long alen key would be required).
But as Steve also said, demand a replacement as it's new.  
"pittgoat" Wrote:The right leg looking from the front of the bike or from when sitting on the bike?  My Reba SL (07) has one rebound adjust red knob, the bottom of the other leg is for negative air.  I have to say i thought the red knob looked like it could fall off quite easily.  In the short term you should be able to adjust rebound using an allen key
They not held in very tight at all.
Cheers guys. I'll call Bikehut. Im downgrading my Bikehut opinion from "impressed" to "not too bad but could do better".
"Blackers" Wrote:Cheers guys. I'll call Bikehut. Im downgrading my Bikehut opinion from "impressed" to "not too bad but could do better".

Big Grin still better then some peoples opinions Tongue
"Blackers" Wrote:Cheers guys. I'll call Bikehut. Im downgrading my Bikehut opinion from "impressed" to "not too bad but could do better".
This is a perfect example of how bikehut let themselves down :Smile  Imagine if it was a bolt from a rocker arm or summink >Sad
Don't let them fob you off over the knob.  DEMAND it from the manager if need be.

Good luck and let us know how they treat you.
"impished" Wrote:This is a perfect example of how bikehut let themselves down :Smile  Imagine if it was a bolt from a rocker arm or summink >Sad
Don't let them fob you off over the knob.  DEMAND it from the manager if need be.

Good luck and let us know how they treat you.

Big Grin i had problems with the linkage arms on my banshee (not sure if rocker and linkage are the same  :Smile) kept coming lose i had to go back 3 times telling them to loctite the damn bolt
You deffo need it for rebound adjustment, I have just performed the 115mm reba mod this evening and the red knob literally just pulls off!

Sorry to go off topic but instead of creating a new thread....when the lower legs are removed is it possible to loose any of the 5wt oil from the motion control side through the bottom? You have to re-fill the bottom of each leg with 15ml of 15wt when the lowers are back on and as far as i know this is what drizzled off when i pushed the motion control side rod upwards but i wanted to check.

Would the motion control/lockout work if all the 5wt oil had gone from where it should be? It all works as it should but I'm unsure how the whole system operates. Just want to make sure the oil is still in there. I can't see it coming out through the bottom as it would be sealed so the 15wt and 5wt didn't mix.

Thanks-Hugh