This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moors Valley, New Forest
Anyone been to the Moors Valley (New Forest) Country Park?

There's a few trails there including a single-track and also a few scenic family routes.  I've been round the family route with my boy on his seat but now I'm looking at going again and wondering if I can take him on the 'singletrack' with his 'tag-along' bike? Obviously, I don't want to do any jumps or hardcore stuff but he does love the fast following tracks around the local woods.

Has anyone been there recently on the single-track and is suitable for a 'tag-along'?

Cheers.
Vermont Forest just around the corner is better riding. Moors Valley is pretty much wide open fire track. The New Forest is generally pretty restricted where you can ride
I dont think theres much in the way of ST anywhere in the New Forest, as Lagging mentioned, most are nice wide fireroads - but very scenic.

Ive been north of there a couple of times, cycling with the missus, its been fine for "novices"
Sorry that should of said Verwood Forest, (it was stupid early when I typed it)..... its about 10 minute drive from Moors Valley
Cheers for that.  I guess with my son in in his tagalong, I shall have to just rejoin the Novices once again.

Their website is pretty good and to answer my original question - they say No, not suitable for tagalongs.

There seems to be a section for 'experienced' riders with drop offs, beams north shores and all that jazz so perhaps it might be ok (without young child).