This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avid Elixir cr mag Lever Internals Kit
Lever pulls right in, bleeding doesnt help, think the level is knackered.  Anyone know where to get a fast replacement or a kit?  Infact anyone ever changed the piston in the lever?

Need fast help as bike to be ready for sunday.
hello Derik think it sound like the seal has gone in the lever, looks like a bladder that goes round the piston. Only way to get fixed is to send off to sram? if you need a qucik replace iv a spare front cr thats come off my DH rig, im happy for you to borrow it for a spell Smile be a dodle to swap the levers over
Activ have avid spares, i had a lever kit from them.
Matt - i may take you up on that if activ have no spares,   Mike did you do the bladder replacement yourself?  easy job or tricky?
"dgw15" Wrote:Matt - i may take you up on that if activ have no spares,   Mike did you do the bladder replacement yourself?  easy job or tricky?

Yes mate, bit fiddly but ok. I think instructions are on sram website.
I've got a complete set of Avid Elixr Cr brakes hanging up in the shed which you're welcome to.