This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox 32 rl Forks
I have a pair of Fox 32 RL forks which I run at around 90-95 psi. I weigh 12.11 stone.

The fork just doesnt seem to feel as smooth as others I have felt. It has been serviced regularly with the appropriate oil and doesnt seem to show any wear on the stanchions.

Would in your opinion a TF tune help? I`d like a bit more of a small bump sensitivity while still having the ability to soak up larger hits. Or do I save up my sheckles for some new forks?
Take the top cap off the Air cartridge, i bet there is lower fork oil in there, remove that and then put 5ml of float fluid in.

Every time i service mine i do this, makes them feel so smooth.
They are a 2009 model so will it still be ok. Im only presuming you have new forks?
Mine are 2009 36 floats, since new mine have suffered from oil in the air chamber, even after i had the stantions replaced and a full bend over the counter service from mojo they do it. I bought  big socket and remove it, just let the air out first, in the service guide it says 5ml of float fluid, so might be slightly less in 32s.

Give it a try it might not be your problem, I personally think this should become part of the regular service. As yours are as old as mine its worth a look to see if oil is in there, turn the bike upside down and hold the presta vavle down, see if oil poors out, float fluid wouldnt poor out so if its thin oil you know you have a problem.
Just done it and it feels better but still not what I want from my forks. Long Jon has suggested a full strip down. I think seals and bushes need replacing.
Thanks Buzz, much appreciated.