This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events in Kent
I am currently doing some research into organising some mountain bike events in Kent through the website below. Please could you reply if it would be something that you might be interested in. Your reply would not be considered as an entry in any way, it's just to get a rough idea of numbers to see if the idea is worth pursuing.
More details are on the website.
Thank-you for your time,
Darren.
What's the website below?  Nothing there?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mountainbikinginkent.co.uk">http://www.mountainbikinginkent.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

is in his sig.
Depends what you mean by Event? - ie, Short Race, Enduro, Navigator, general Meet, family fun day, beginners course, ride-out, skills days, .........downhill nonsense...... etc etc.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Depends what you mean by Event? - ie, Short Race, Enduro, Navigator, general Meet, family fun day, beginners course, ride-out, skills days, .........downhill nonsense...... etc etc.

+1 From your previous threads we know that you like to air on the causious side of things so it depends upon what is on offer.

But saying that, yep if its something which is challenging I'm sure I would be  ;D
Thank-you for your replies.

I would probably start with all day XC events of approx 40 miles. These would be made from routes on the website. (incorporating parts from different routes to make up the longer distance)
These XC events would be spread all across the county. They will include full support and drinks/food stations at intervals. All riders will be timed, although it would not be a race, and times published on the website.
Other ideas are for a two day weekend event with overnight camping, completing a XC route up to 100 miles over the two days. And maybe Orienteering events. But as said before, just doing some research but quite excited about organising the events in the future if the demand is there and the relevant authorities are happy with the proposals.

Happy Riding.
Trying not to hijack the thread (perhaps start another) but I was going to suggest a sketchy no holds barred crit event around Canterbury through all the traffic  - it'll be a laff
&quot;jellylegs&quot; Wrote:Trying not to hijack the thread (perhaps start another) but I was going to suggest a sketchy no holds barred crit event around Canterbury through all the traffic  - it'll be a laff

Like an alleycat?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Would it not be quite a struggle/expensive to get permission to use 40 miles or so of trails ?
Not a problem at all.

All of the trails that would be included will be legal public rights of way, linking up byways and bridleways. There are some great trails available.