This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean, Wed 18 Jul, 18:45 at Oaks Park.
Its supposed to be dry and sunny today, and only light rain tomorrow, so hopefully wont be too bad. Who's with me?
I will be responsibly riding a sustainable venue during the day, so will not be attending.
Was there yesterday and it's pretty bad.
I'll be back next week. Running for me this week. I miss my bike more than words can express. I hate my placement to unprecedented levels.
[quote="]Was there yesterday and it's pretty bad. [/quote"]

On your bike? Worth riding today?
I'm planning on staying away from the usual trails if its still silly muddy, will stick to fire roads if we have to, I just want to get out and ride.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'm planning on staying away from the usual trails if its still silly muddy, will stick to fire roads if we have to, I just want to get out and ride.

I was going to suggest exactly that dude from my experience on Sunday. I can do us a good fire roady route that takes in some single track that isn't that bad as It's not horrible everywhere. Can then take us over to Clowes as I found a new bit of trail over there which was interesting.

Join up dudes...  Wink
"BennyP" Wrote:I was going to suggest exactly that dude from my experience on Sunday. I can do us a good fire roady route that takes in some single track that isn't that bad as It's not horrible everywhere. Can then take us over to Clowes as I found a new bit of trail over there which was interesting.

Join up dudes...  Wink

That's what I'm thinking of doing today, it's only the first and last bits of blean that are really bad.

Is clowes going to be much better though, it's flatter than blean if that's possible  Undecided
Will be there for some responsible fire road riding!  Forecast now looking promising for this week & right across my last weekend too... ;D
"Jams" Wrote:That's what I'm thinking of doing today, it's only the first and last bits of blean that are really bad.

Is clowes going to be much better though, it's flatter than blean if that's possible  Undecided

Most of clowes will be a pig I think. However, have a look (explore) on strava for the long trail that cuts down towards the end of the main hill (whitstable end). I think someone has done it in about 4:30. It's quite cool, all tight in places and just felt new and different.

If not we can head over that way tomorrow night. The downhill bit in Clay Pits is still fine and I find another section in the 'downhill next to the river bit' which was ok too, but needs more explore and does come out at the pub again so has the road climb in it. It's all pedalling though. Smile