This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queen Elizabeth Country Park, A3 Hampshire
Has anyone been here before - I stopped off here yesterday for a few hours and had a good ride round but as I was with the boy could only stick to the beginner's track.

The Purple one is just a long climb and then a long straight fire road descent - ok there's a bit inside a wood but only a couple of hundred feet's worth.  

What's the other trails like?  here's 4 in total - Purple, Blue, Red and Black?  I'm gonna go back and try the harder ones in a few days.

Parking's reasonable £2 all day.   There's a good cafe and visitor's centre too.  Even selling local boar meat!  
Trail is good fun, especially the final descent where they QECP collective have put a lot of work in. I'm not sure there's enough there for a full days riding, however, with the South Downs Way right there that's easily solved. There's also some nice off piste stuff if you can get someone to show you around.
Rode here for a few hours today. I was qute impressed (although I have limited experience). We basically stuck to the one red route. Did it twice but it was raining the whole time so we weren't really up for much more exploring after getting a good soaking. If I had any advice about the place it would be don't go when it's wet! There's alot of chalk and flinty rocks because of the area it's in so it was very slippy, that mixed with alot of tree root's was quite hard at times to carry much speed without slipping (or even stay upright!). There was alot of wheel spinning going on on the steeper part of the climbs too. And I'm just resting a slightly bruised and grazed hip that took the full force of a crash going down a small rock garden right at the end of the route. Did it fine the second time round though! It's a good place for a dry couple of hours if you're in the area.
An update on QECP trail developments from Single Track Forum:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/qecp-blue-trail-update">http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ail-update</a><!-- m -->