This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mavic alpine XL
so i got my new mavic alpine XL spds yesterday and holy wow they look awesome
resim

they are super comfy to walk around in i got these in a size 11 and they fit awesome a lot of people said try before you buy.
i was wearing them around work  ok i did look abit of a tool but they were comfy.
fitting the cleats in was a pain in the whole for the cleats were grub screws which is good for keeping the mud out but they were a pain to take out but i did it.

positioning of the cleats wasn’t to bad i think i have them set to the right place not much movement left to right but im sure there is a way around it.

i shall do  review on how the ride when i get a chance to ride them,
ok then i shall review.

so far i can say there is no bad points about these shoes, i  have used them on a road wet road ride and also down and perry and the warren.

so first ride was the road ride (put down those torches and pitch forks people) i have to admit they were super comfy my foot felt super secure these shoes are not lace up they have a sort of draw string thing which works really good and is well protected but the covers, the road ride was a wet one so i had the chance to put them through the test with just water they kept my feet dry quiet well however submerging them a giant puddle made that end but it can’t complain.

riding off road and these shoes come into their element the cleats are in a slightly position from what my old 661 filters were but i feel nicer clipping in and out is super easy riding the root section at perry my feet didn’t feel like they were slipping or moving in the shoe as a result i felt better on my bike riding the jumps felt good up at the warren. the next stage of testing will be wet muddy conditions and see how they hold up Smile

i may write more as time goes on.
Cheers