This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale 2009 Trek 69er hardtail
For sale 2009 trek 69er size 17.5. £450
Bike is in great condition hasn’t been ridden in in a couple of months as iv been meaning to sell it. Has no cracks or dents in the frame only a couple of chips on the rear chain stay and one on the underside of the down tube and has a few minor scratches, also has some chips on leg lowers. Had a new frame last year under warranty and fork were serviced by mojo about 8 months back, their is a small scratch on one station which has caused no problem and mojo said was fine on servicing of it. Chain, casset and all front rings were replaced about four months back and hasn’t been ridden much on them. Front wheel is brand new. Brakes work great and have had all seals replaced. Levers do flop forward sometime as avids suffer with this over time but doesn’t affect using them. Below is listed all the components as it has had a lot of upgrades.
I have loved owning this bike its light accelerates fast like a 26er but having the 29er wheel up front means you feel it rolling over things smoothly and giving the front end brilliant grip in the corners. Reviews complain of been hard to get though tight twisty stuff, but i have put a 70mm stem and wider bars 680mm and now it just zooms though. I’m 5 7’’ and think this would work for someone up to 6 foot. Happy for anyone considering buying this bike are welcome to come round and have a sit on and ride around the road where i live. Not wanting to post the bike but happy to meet somewhere within kent. Any questions please feel free to ask. Ps i live in Ashford kent.
Size 17.5
Weighs in at 11.83 kgs (weight is with pedals and running with inertubes)
Head angle 69
Seat angle 72
Wheels stans crest on hope pro 2evo hubs (can be run tubeless)
Comes with an ardent tyre up front and a bontrage xdx rear also has one of these for the front.
Xt cranks with slx triple rings
Xt front and rear deraliers
XT shifters
Shram 991 hollow pin chain
Xt casset
Hope bottom bracket and headset
Hope QR skewers
Avid cr brakes 183mm front 160mm rear disks
Nuke prove flat pedals (pretty scuffed but working fine)
Bars are Easton monkey lite carbon 680mm
Stem FSA 70mm stem with a carbon face plate.
Wtb v rocket saddle, which is a worn looking but no tears.
Forks are F29 RL 100mm travel
I do realise i could strip this bike down to sell it and get more money but I’m a sentimental boy and would like to see it go to a loving home hence sketch special price.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
first dib please. I just need to give it some though but this could be perfect for me  Smile
"mashley" Wrote:first dib please. I just need to give it some though but this could be perfect for me  Smile

Buy it mate! It would be perfect for you and is an absolute bargain! And Matt takes very good care of his bikes, so you can trust that its in good nick.
"mashley" Wrote:first dib please. I just need to give it some though but this could be perfect for me  Smile
Happy for you to have first dibs, this is an awesome bike for XC and slightly all mountain as Iv ridden it at places like winlater. But the wheels wouldnt stand up to anything to mad like DH or big big jumps. Not wanting to put you off just making sure people know what sort of riding its designed for..
Interested too if Mashley doesn't buy it please, 2nd dibs!
Just to confirm are you wishing to sell or just takes Dibs whilst Mashley makes up his mind whether he wants to buy it or not  Undecided
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Just to confirm are you wishing to sell or just takes Dibs whilst Mashley makes up his mind whether he wants to buy it or not  Undecided
Wanting to sell it for sure, but I know buying a bike isn't always easy and I'm happy for people to have a look and think on it, i do sell on first come rule. Anyone showing interest please feel free to ask any questions.
dibs have pulled out so its open to first come first served.
Such a bargain. I wish I was a hobbit  Smile
If anybody is unsure about the 29" front wheel, dont be. Its nothing but a good thing.  I bet this thing goes like stink!  Tongue
Tbh with two people asking for dibs the guy I know who was interested has looked and sorted himself elsewhere...a bit frustrating because he would of bought it  Sad