This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend Bike shop?
I have the common ticking noise from Bottom Bracket, seems to be getting worse.
Have cleaned and regreased cranks and bottom bracket, but it's still doing it.  Canyon have said they will pay up to £75 to get it fixed at a local bike shop, but not sure where is a good one to take it too?
I dont want to take it somewhere and they end up charging me loads more than £75.

cheers
should have said, would like somewhere not too far from faversham..  biketart any good for this kind of thing?
Definitely not elsewhere? Saddle? Seatpost? Pedal? Knee? Suspension somewhere? In your mind?  Wink

The only shop I would ever recommend is Tri in Gravesend.

Oh and CyclesUK are good.
could be somewhere else, but it only happens when pedalling and definately sounds like its coming from bottom bracket area.  its not the pedals as i swapped them and it still does it.  it's not really a big deal, but it's annoying me and as canyon have offered to pay to get it fixed i feel I should!

"Blackers" Wrote:Definitely not elsewhere? Saddle? Seatpost? Pedal? Knee? Suspension somewhere? In your mind?  Wink

The only shop I would ever recommend is Tri in Gravesend.

Oh and CyclesUK are good.
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:could be somewhere else, but it only happens when pedalling and definately sounds like its coming from bottom bracket area.  its not the pedals as i swapped them and it still does it.  it's not really a big deal, but it's annoying me and as canyon have offered to pay to get it fixed i feel I should!

In my experience all clicking noises sound like they come from the BB. It obviously only happens when you pedal, but does it happen when you stand and pedal? If not....seatpost or saddle. A good clean and reassemble may sort that.

Grease the pedal threads too.

The second to last click I had turned out to be the end of the front mech cable being clipped by the cranks on the way round.
"Blackers" Wrote:In my experience all clicking noises sound like they come from the BB. It obviously only happens when you pedal, but does it happen when you stand and pedal? If not....seatpost or saddle. A good clean and reassemble may sort that.

Grease the pedal threads too.

The second to last click I had turned out to be the end of the front mech cable being clipped by the cranks on the way round.

I'll do some more investigation next time I ride, could be seatpost I guess.  Im pretty sure it still does it if I stand and pedal, but will test this.  surely if it was the seatpost it would still do it when the cranks arent rotating, but it definately only does it when im pedalling.

cheers
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:I'll do some more investigation next time I ride, could be seatpost I guess.  Im pretty sure it still does it if I stand and pedal, but will test this.  surely if it was the seatpost it would still do it when the cranks arent rotating, but it definately only does it when im pedalling.

cheers

With the seatpost/saddle it would be caused by the rocking of your hips and the shifting of you weight when you pedal. My money is on that.

Just go through and rule stuff out one by one and you will find it. If you get to the point where it must be the suspension set up then go to a shop and let them faff about.

This all reminds me of when my mum had a banging noise coming from her car (oooerrr). It only started when she got up to certain speed and then got louder the faster she went. The garage spent ages driving it round and couldn't workout what it was. Eventually, by hanging out of the window at speed they realised it was her Winnie the Pooh ball thing on the end of her aerial banging on the roof.
ok, ill do some more investigation.  lol, dont think I have any thing on my aerial that could be causing it!

"Blackers" Wrote:With the seatpost/saddle it would be caused by the rocking of your hips and the shifting of you weight when you pedal. My money is on that.

Just go through and rule stuff out one by one and you will find it. If you get to the point where it must be the suspension set up then go to a shop and let them faff about.

This all reminds me of when my mum had a banging noise coming from her car (oooerrr). It only started when she got up to certain speed and then got louder the faster she went. The garage spent ages driving it round and couldn't workout what it was. Eventually, by hanging out of the window at speed they realised it was her Winnie the Pooh ball thing on the end of her aerial banging on the roof.
I'll take a look at it for for you. And i wont charge you £75 either. Let me know.
cheers

i'll see if I can narrow it down a bit myself on the next ride and take things from there..

"Longjon" Wrote:I'll take a look at it for for you. And i wont charge you £75 either. Let me know.