This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Fox36 or Devilles
As title, need some new forks ASAP.
What's wrong with yours?
Lowers are fecked.
you will be lucky to find some devilles, even if you are after new ones.
"Buzz" Wrote:Lowers are fecked.

New lowers are only £140ish from Mojo and come with new bushes, or at least they were a couple of years ago when i last looked. Are they unusable then?
Lowers are £226 with decals plus postage. The axle thread and lower thread has gone, the axle just spins and spins, it's been a bit dodgy for ages so I'm not surprised its gone, the lowers are well beaten up! They are not usuable at all, i was pretty scared riding back to the car on them, wheel wobble central! Had the lowers off and there are faint wear marks on the stantions so I'm undecided if it's worth replacing the lowers, considering they had a new set of stantions and a rebound cartridge about a year and a half ago and yes I've serviced them lots.

Might by new forks or second hand if I can find decent ones.

Fox 34 160
Fox 36 160
Or
Devilles
I think you should go for the Devilles.....or anything other than Fox in fact.
Marz 55s bolt thru, what's the warranty like nowdays?
Keep it foolish...
I would shy away from second hand Fox forks too if I were you. If you diligently service your own and they still show stanchion wear second hand is too much of a risk.

Forgot about Zocchis.

And for proper 3 and half miles out into leftfield....http://www.xfusionshox.com/en/product/fo...-hlr-dla#1 XFusion seem to be getting very mainstream now and I saw some good reviews a while back.
Vengeance are good forks but not trendy so wouldnt fit in up Surrey  Wink

Anything can be bought at a price, how about £1500 for my freshly serviced Devilles which have been owned by me so quite amazing  Tongue