This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean, Sunday 5th Aug 3:30pm Rough common car park
Going to do try to follow the extended ride that Andy & Ben did on Weds eve to take in Blean, Clowes & Thorndean woods. Might be at a slightly more relaxed pace.
Don’t blame me if we get lost though!

Meet at 3:30 pm at the main carpark at rough common.

Andy
Yep I'll give it a go.
Did you get the gpx file of the route?
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:Yep I'll give it a go.
Did you get the gpx file of the route?

I've pm'ed you about the GPX file Ade.
did you.. havent got it!
I tried to download the gpx file from your strava, but it appears you can only export the gpx it if it is your own ride

"Treehugger" Wrote:I've pm'ed you about the GPX file Ade.
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:did you.. havent got it!
I tried to download the gpx file from your strava, but it appears you can only export the gpx it if it is your own ride
That's really annoying about Strava! Maybe you need to upgrade to Pro to grab anyone's routes? I can't even work out how to download my own routes, so i still upload to Garmin Connect as well.

Hope this works. <iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/205577402'></iframe>
Bah, don't think that worked! PM me your email address and i'll send it to you.
it did work, i just had to create my own garmin account to be able to export it.
looks like we will end up back at your house if we follow it completely!

cheers
&quot;Ad_Fav&quot; Wrote:it did work, i just had to create my own garmin account to be able to export it.
looks like we will end up back at your house if we follow it completely!

cheers

Ignore that bit obviously, lthough if i was home you would be welcome to come round for a cup of tea Wink I am a bit confused as it's supposed to not display anywhere within half a mile of my house! Will have to check it out.
it prob is stopping half a mile from your house, I cant really tell.

sure the inaccuracy on my phones gps will make it tricky to follow anyway!

&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Ignore that bit obviously, lthough if i was home you would be welcome to come round for a cup of tea Wink I am a bit confused as it's supposed to not display anywhere within half a mile of my house! Will have to check it out.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:I can't even work out how to download my own routes,

In case you want to try it sometime in the future,
on Strada you can only export a GPX from one of your own rides, on the right hand side click "Actions" then export GPX

Andy