This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday 5th Aug
I fancy going out on a ride tomorrow but not sure where to go.
I was thinking about to the Cycle park or Bedgebury Forest as I wanted to go somewhere I havent been before but wanted to follow marked routes so I wouldn't get too lost.
Which would to recommend? Or is there somewhere else I should think about?

Dicuss!!!!
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up :lol:
Kings Wood if you get lost jump on a fire track youll eventually get back to the car park. Getting lost just adds to the fun...
"argo229" Wrote:I fancy going out on a ride tomorrow but not sure where to go.
I was thinking about to the Cycle park or Bedgebury Forest as I wanted to go somewhere I havent been before but wanted to follow marked routes so I wouldn't get too lost.
Which would to recommend?
Or is there somewhere else I should think about?

Dicuss!!!!

They are both sh*t so it doesnt really matter which one you go to.
One persons sh*t is another persons good ride just like with cars and women. You like Perry, others dont but they dont say its sh*t

If you want to follow a route then Bedgebury will be better, the new just over half a mile final section is great fun. Quite a few puddles on the first half of the lap but not much mud
"argo229" Wrote:I fancy going out on a ride tomorrow but not sure where to go.
Which would to recommend? Or is there somewhere else I should think about?

Dicuss!!!!

Bedgebury is good for a blast, but its not the best flowing of trails and its about an hour to get there. Think i rode it to often a few years back which got me a bit bord of it though. The riders there do put a lot of time into the trails, and when i have been on occasions in the last couple of years new bit have been added, i feel its getting better. Id say give it a go, to be fair first time you ride it you will love it. ;D
I'd recommend Bedgebury. As mentioned the trails are well kept and they have a nice cafe, bike wash and showers.  Don't be affraid to park inside either, at least the money goes to help maintain the trails.  Do a lap have some tea and cake then do another.  
"Adie.J" Wrote:I'd recommend Bedgebury. As mentioned the trails are well kept and they have a nice cafe, bike wash and showers.  Don't be affraid to park inside either, at least the money goes to help maintain the trails.  Do a lap have some tea and cake then do another.  

None of the parking money goes towards the trails, so I'd park in the layby Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:None of the parking money goes towards the trails, so I'd park in the layby Wink

+1 andy is right none of the money goes to the trails since finding this out its been layby all the way..... Tongue
"Breezer" Wrote:One persons sh*t is another persons good ride just like with cars and women. You like Perry, others dont but they dont say its sh*t

If you want to follow a route then Bedgebury will be better, the new just over half a mile final section is great fun. Quite a few puddles on the first half of the lap but not much mud

thats because it isnt, and even if its not someones bag they can still appreciate it for what it is. Bedgebury on the other hand plus the Cyclo park dont have any redeeming features that make them stand out as a bona fide quality MTB venue, at best they are family riding spots, and being as this is a 'serious' mtb forum its hard to genuinely recommend both for anything other than a day out with the kids or for a quick spin assuming you live local.
Far better to put your admission fee into fuel and go somewhere worth while.
There are loads of people with gpx routes of worthwhile riding venues if someone is just after a route to follow.

The money from the carpark doesn't go into the trails but it does go into the rest of the infrastructure, such as the cafe, bike wash, toilets and all the other bits and pieces that you don't get at free venues such as kings or blean. I use the facilities when I go so am happy to chip in by paying for parking, although to be fair the prices do seem to be hugely inflated compared to other venues offering similar stuff.
"Treehugger" Wrote:None of the parking money goes towards the trails, so I'd park in the layby Wink

Get out?

That's terrible.