This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When are you going?
OK the idea of this thread is to see when people would like to travel, whether they are flexible, if they are able to offer transport (and who / what they can take if so) and where they are travelling from.  This thread could get messy so we'll try to keep it as a list rather than too much off topic  Wink
I'd like to go early Friday afternoon but can be flexible.  I have a car that will comfortably seat 4 but theres not so much room for other stuff (small boot) and i can't fit a bike rack.  I'll be travelling from Canterbury.

Next!
"pittgoat" Wrote:I'd like to go early Friday afternoon but can be flexible.  I have a car that will comfortably seat 4 but theres not so much room for other stuff (small boot) and i can't fit a bike rack.  I'll be travelling from Canterbury.

Next!
As you are definitely driving could i grab a lift with you? I'v got that whole week off so can also do Friday afternoon.

If need be we could always hire a roof mounted bike rack from Halfords?
as with andy i would need a lift up there... im willing to pay my way in fuel and can travel to somewhere local to the kind soul who offers the lift

i should be able to get a good deal on a trailer if we end up needing one ...
Team handlebar must-dash will be making their way early on the Friday. We aim to be pitched and prepped by 12pm that day to allow for settling in. I'm not sure of Rou's plans, but we will leave ample camping space for him etc if he doesn't want to come early with us.

We are travelling in a van and car, of which there's one spare seat, currently reserved for Ade.

After seeing some pics of the camping on flickr I am now not overly keen on trackside pitching as you will be under floodlights at night, not ideal if you want some kip.
Andy, Steve; that's the idea of this thread - so everyone can get a lift sorted.  Makes sense if i take you Andy.  Steve, it might make sense for you to come with us but also there might be a space somewhere else you can get to easily.  We'll see how many people and how many cars from each place and allocate spaces accordingly.  I'm not 100% driving but i am offering my car if its needed.  Like i say we'll see what options are available and decide from there.

Aren't I organised?!
Once i know what van i'm taking i'll sort out what stuff i can take and for who...

I will be sticking all the info off this thread into a spreadsheet so i can get my head around whats going on and so i can appear more organized than Nick..

So what we need to know is who is providing tents etc as well...

It may be an idea to limit yourselves to 8 tyres each or things may get out of hand....   Lagging and Tinc... are you listening
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Once i know what van i'm taking i'll sort out what stuff i can take and for who...

I will be sticking all the info off this thread into a spreadsheet so i can get my head around whats going on and so i can appear more organized than Nick..

So what we need to know is who is providing tents etc as well...

It may be an idea to limit yourselves to 8 tyres each or things may get out of hand....   Lagging and Tinc... are you listening

i will be able to supply some camping equipment ie: camping mats (so you dont get uncomfortable) some latterns and some other general camping things.   Not sure of the state of our 8 man tent but will check in the next week or so
I'm in discussion with IBM to use "deep blue" to work on complex algorithms to sort who's doing what. So far, I have a note written on the back of an envelope.

Perhaps we could use googlemaps to plot our addresses on to work out the most economically viable traffic routes and logistics.

I've got vorderman ringing me tomorrow when jonny ball comes round
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:I'm in discussion with IBM to use "deep blue" to work on complex algorithms to sort who's doing what. So far, I have a note written on the back of an envelope.

Perhaps we could use googlemaps to plot our addresses on to work out the most economically viable traffic routes and logistics.

I've got vorderman ringing me tomorrow when jonny ball comes round

:o viable traffic routes and logistics ... isnt that what tom toms are for Wink

maybe if we all posted:

1) how many people they can give lifts to/ if they need a lift
2) equipment that will be taken
3) camping stuff they own

to keep it all together then someone can work easily on a spreadsheet

for me:
1) Lift status - Needed
2)if im riding my bike and the usual kit (alien mutlitool, tubes, mech hangers just the essentials) i dont see the need in 5000 tyres  Undecided
3) Basic equipment ie mats and latterns