This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The North stream Lydden levels
Whilst out riding this afternoon I bumped into a couple of riders who got talking about riding the north stream Lydden Levels - the way they talked about it, the more I got kinda hooked on the idea of having a go. Anyway all my waffle aside does anyone have a map or know a route that takes in North stream lyddn levels?
At a guess somewhere around here? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/658738">http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/658738</a><!-- m -->
looks a bit flat to me, hence the name!
Andy
&quot;jellylegs&quot; Wrote:Whilst out riding this afternoon I bumped into a couple of riders who got talking about riding the north stream Lydden Levels - the way they talked about it, the more I got kinda hooked on the idea of having a go. Anyway all my waffle aside does anyone have a map or know a route that takes in North stream lyddn levels?

been on a few loop rides from Dover that go up inland (old roman road for part of it) and then across those levels and then back by golf course and Deal and then a bit of coast

Ok is its dry - some of bridleways were ploughed fields at times
Have biked around here,its flat,quite muddy in wet months and trails are often overgrown in summer.Sometimes trails are ploughed as mentioned.Unfortunately you can't link trails into Fowlmead,except from Deal side,but you used to be able to do this years ago before Fowlmead was built.
Some of the trails are bridleways or footpaths but there are several farmtracks,not all marked on maps.Also,because of ploughing some trails suddenly stop and its not always easy to see where it continues.At Worth there's a farmers level crossing to cross the railway where you either access Sandwich Bay or head down to Deal.Have,nt done any of this for several years so don't know the current trail conditions etc.
By the way,there's an unofficial nudist beach at Sandwich Bay,but its more Pam St Clement(Eastenders) rather than Pam Andersen(Baywatch)....