This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enduro1 Race 3 new date new venue, 14th October
Not entirely happy with the venue

We have a new venue and date for race 3!

Having exhausted every possibility for finding a suitable venue for the last round in the South East I have at last secured a new venue! Although an MTB mecca It was not my first choice by a long shot but every other suitable venue has had to be ruled out for one thing or another. So I am pleased to announce that Dai West and David Lewis of the Crown Estates have come to our rescue and very kindly agreed to hold our last race at no other than Swinley Forest and we have had to move our date back to the original of the 7th October although they still have to confirm this is ok with English Nature due to the bird nesting season!

Now, it is somewhat lacking in height but it does have a good mix of trails and I am scouring and riding the hell out of it to come up with some not so obvious and knarlier stages. I am also restricted a fair bit by the conservation restrictions.
Also please note that Swinley will from September be charging car-parking fees which will apply to competitors and I am not sure how much they are going to charge yet.

Because of the restrictions in marking out and motorcycle use I will be severely hampered in marking out and policing the course. So for this event and next year’s races we are going to start to rely heavily on GPS although you still won’t know where the stages are! You will be able to download the course via the website the Friday before the race so you will need to have a form of GPS device in order to race. Once at your stage you can pack it away into your backpack ready to rip! This takes a lot of strain off me marking out and packing away and also foils the saboteurs.

If you don’t have a GPS then try and buddy up with a mate who does. I will still mark the course out but mainly at junctions and confidence markers just not so often as I am not allowed to use staples on the trees either so no orange triangle markers for this one.

As always I desperately require volunteers so please contact me if you can help.

If you can’t make the date and have already entered then please contact me for a full refund. Entries will open once the date is set in stone next week and at the moment we have around 80 entries although our capacity will now be 180.
This date is not good for me.... will see what can be done.

What are your thoughts guys...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Pointlesd if at swinley as so many know it,how will you stop non racers riding the sections, gps thing also wrong
I'm happy to do it, but i agree with breez.
im still in and happy to ride swinley. is everyone else in sketchy B good still?
yo Matt, I'm still in...I can't believe how early the 'Scorchers' excuses have started!!!
&quot;Lindros&quot; Wrote:yo Matt, I'm still in...I can't believe how early the 'Scorchers' excuses have started!!!

Not "early" just in front - as usual Tongue

Oh! I'm in.
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:Not "early" just in front - as usual Tongue

Oh! I'm in.

the cheek!  looks like it has now been changed to the 14th Oct...not free at the moment but working on it
Hehehe ;D

With these date changes, maybe we should just give up on the racing & try nailing a jelly to the wall :Smile
Back into training today, hard loop round Surrey, would repost rocky video but you know what it's like  Smile