This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Ramblings
As title heh

Just had a power cut for an hour. My boss refused to use answer his phone so I had to use my mobile on the laptop via gprs as no 3g to get on the net and vpn into work to check the power there just incase the monitoring systems hadnt texted me but then my laptop went flat as the battery only lasts 20 minutes

Having no power is weird. Its like what it must have been like in medieval times in the evening. Everyone in darkness except for the person carrying around a Tesco led torch  8) ;D

Thought best have a bath before the water goes cold seeing as the shower was out of service. I really must clean that bath, think im dirtier now LOL....  Big Grin
Big Grin i have just swapped all the tyres over almost getting blown over in the gales we are having right now ...

ooo and i just beat andys record for the number of times linked here in a bikeradar post  Wink
Why? Were you swapping them outside? Something wrong with your kitchen?  Big Grin
"Breezer" Wrote:Why? Were you swapping them outside? Something wrong with your kitchen?  Big Grin

Big Grin my kitchen is about as wide as my bike and dinner is being cooked  Wink
mums are great...
Keep it foolish...
got to go view a house in a moment Sad, our current one (we rent it) is soon to be demolished to turn into park farm, as long as its got an indoor section for a bike im happy  Wink, shame that its another 3 miles away from the current one so the commute is now 10 miles  :o, great for losing that extra weight though Smile

mike .... mums arent great if they shop at iceland :X iceland sausages :X dont even try them  Big Grin
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:got to go view a house in a moment Sad, our current one (we rent it) is soon to be demolished to turn into park farm, as long as its got an indoor section for a bike im happy  Wink, shame that its another 3 miles away from the current one so the commute is now 10 miles  :o, great for losing that extra weight though Smile

mike .... mums arent great if they shop at iceland :X iceland sausages :X dont even try them  Big Grin

You'll eat what you're given else you won't get any pudding young man!
CRC used to be cheap for things but their prices on forks atm are ridiculous compared to say Wiggle, ie (CRC first)

Magura Menja Forks 2009 £400 £312
Magura Thor £650 £470 (!)
Reba team 120mm maxle £575 £510
Revelation Dual Air maxle £540 £480

Highly annoying when I would like some Thors or Revelations but have £450 in CRC vouchers due to my dodgy Manitous. Do you think Wiggle would accept them?  Smile
I used the word Sketchy today when describing the rooty run in to a jump. I think thats the first time ive said it  ;D
Who were you describing the 'rooty run-in to a jump' to? If it was a bird then you had better be packing some carbon brake blades to undo the untold damage that over-excited gabbling tends to cause.

I like to use my hands when describing tree-infested singletrack (like at the start of Blean), making bizarre shapes and leaning into unfathomable corners. In order to reduce the damage caused by my wittering I like to sing 'This is how we do it' by Montel Jordan in a cockney accent, this is my equivalent of the carbon fibre brake blade, and, when correctly applied, is capable of soothing irked females worldwide...
Keep it foolish...