This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice,Corsica and Tuscany
On Friday I'm off to Nice on a road biking holiday.Will ride above Nice next Saturday,then cross to Corsica for three days.Will ride the descent from Col de Vergio,which is 37km long,one of the best descents I know.This will be my 4th time in Corsica and this descent,the last time I caught up with tipper lorry which driven by a nutter who would'nt let me pass and was just too dangerous to attempt to overtake.Hopefully no tipper this time.Corsica is a great island to cycle as roads are pretty traffic free,its also not as developed as some Spanish or Greek islands because of the terrorist/independence movement in the 1970/80's which hindered developement.Although all the road signs do have bullet holes in the them.Have never mtb here but i bet there's some good riding in the hills and mountains.After Corsica across to Italy and Tuscany and Cinque Terre area.In total 12 days.Nothing particularly challenging climbing wise and average distance a day approx 70km.
Sounds awesome!  Have a great time... Smile
Its going to be HOT HOT HOT. Just got back from Tuscany and it was 40+ everyday. Midday sun was far to hot to move in, let alone ride a bike. People staying next door were going for morning runs at 6am and coming back sopping wet with sweat. Good luck!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Back from 10 days riding,weather mostly good but caught out in a horrendous rain storm on Corsica.Managed to do the brilliant 37km descent on Corsica without any problems with traffic this time.Absolutely flew down.Got to Cinque Terre region of Italy and had problems with roads out/closed due to flooding a year ago.Three of us went out for a ride,got to the furthest point,then decided to try a road that was closed,as it went a much shorter and easier return.All went well for a couple of miles until we came across this massive gap.At the same time a German rode up with his young son on the back.We decided that go back would be too much,then we spotted someone crossing with a bike,when he reached us he managed to explain that it was poosible to continue.We decided to remove our road cleat shoes and walk in socked feet as road shoes are'nt the easyest to walk on,especially on loose rock.We helped the German and his son across and then followed.Crossed OK then had to cross a big pile of rock and earth to get back to the road surface.From there it was a relatively easy ride back to the hotel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />