This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning MP3's onto CD-R help
I'm trying to burn some albums onto some CD-R's via WMP to play in the car, but in the burn list it say's i only have 79mb of space on the 700mb disc, despite it saying i can fit 31 hours worth of music on the disc at 96kbps in the settings Undecided  Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? I suspect the first response will be that i am using WMP, so if anyone can recommend a better FREE alternative to facilitate this process, it would be appreciated Wink
CDburnerXP if you are running XP
I've burned a couple of discs via itunes but have just realized that it can only burn files that are in MP3! How bloody stupid is that, considering itunes insists on converting them all to AAC to play them! Don't know how i managed to burn a few albums to an MP3 CD if they were in AAC Undecided

Anyway, i'm running Vista on the laptop where all the music is, so can't use CD Burner XP...any other recommendations?
"Treehugger" Wrote:I've burned a couple of discs via itunes but have just realized that it can only burn files that are in MP3! How bloody stupid is that, considering itunes insists on converting them all to AAC to play them! Don't know how i managed to burn a few albums to an MP3 CD if they were in AAC Undecided

Anyway, i'm running Vista on the laptop where all the music is, so can't use CD Burner XP...any other recommendations?

Install the software mike suggested, then on the desktop icon right click and the click on run in service pack 2 mode.

The other thing to do is say offer your services as a cat sitter and in exchange ask them to put some CDR burning software on your computer prior to cat sitting!

All you need to do now is find someone that requires that kind of service...........
"jellylegs" Wrote:Install the software mike suggested, then on the desktop icon right click and the click on run in service pack 2 mode.

The other thing to do is say offer your services as a cat sitter and in exchange ask them to put some CDR burning software on your computer prior to cat sitting!

All you need to do now is find someone that requires that kind of service...........
I believe I know of just the person, so said laptop shall be coming with Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:I've burned a couple of discs via itunes but have just realized that it can only burn files that are in MP3! How bloody stupid is that, considering itunes insists on converting them all to AAC to play them! Don't know how i managed to burn a few albums to an MP3 CD if they were in AAC Undecided

Taken from apples website :

To convert a song's file format:
Open iTunes Preferences.
Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences.
Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences.
Click the General button, then click the Importing Settings button in the second section of the window.
From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.
Select one or more songs in your library, then from the Advanced menu, choose one of the following (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences):

Create MP3 version
Create AAC version
Create AIFF version
Create WAV version
Create Apple Lossless version

Then just burn the mp3 files to a disk !

PS: this works for music bought through iTunes as well Smile
Thanks Steve, I'll give that a go. I've actually figured out WMP,  just had to click data CD,  and now I have everything come up in folders and can fit about 8 albums to a disc at 196kbps Smile There are some albums i only seem to have in itunes though, which is odd Undecided They don't come up on either of the HDD's, Hope I am able to convert and burn those too.