This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walderslade to Hollingbourne ?
Hi all
New to forum and sketchy,
would like to know if anyone can recommend a route from Walderslade to Hollingbourne. Can be road/offroad.
Hiya Chris,

Welcome to Sketchy ;D

Walderslade to Hollingbiurne by road is easy peasy.
Any route you like to the top of Boxley Hill, drop down the hill & follow the Pilgrim's way past the sawmill rather than turning right down to Boxley village.
Take ade's crossing over the A249'
Turn left at the bottom the ramp, follow the road around the tight right hander & then immediately left opposite the Cock Horse Inn.
You now just follow this lane straight across 2 cross roads & you pop out on Hollingbourne Hill almost opposite the Dirty Habit ;D

Off road is perfectly possible too, but I'm not familiar enough with it to talk you through it.  Laggingbehind might be able to offer more help there.  It does involve crossing the A249 & a couple of "occupied" fields.
Once you get on the North Downs / Pilgrims way you can follow it most of the way there. It's a mix of roads and tracks
Thank you guys  Smile
Much appreciated and I hope to be out a little more regular now I am working closer to home.
I'm contemplating a road ride tomorrow morning.
I could go out that way if you want a guide? Wink

Might need to be a fairly early start though Sad
Many thanks for the offer Tinc, but will be out at 7 on mtb searching round Boxley and BBH.
Will try to meet up with a ride soon as I see a regular goes around BBH.
"chris123" Wrote:Many thanks for the offer Tinc, but will be out at 7 on mtb searching round Boxley and BBH.
Will try to meet up with a ride soon as I see a regular goes around BBH.

Oh! Just miss you then. I did drag myself out of the pit & it was a lovely morning for it ;D
I'll be riding BBH one evening this week (you'll need decent lights) & hopefully early Saturday morning.
Early sat morning is always good for me.  
Not fully fit but getting there. been laid up for 3 months.
But definately up for a ride out.
Let me know time, I'm always about very early.

By the way, done the Hollingbourne run, across the downs and road, brilliant run out.

Cheers
I usually try to do Sunday mornings, but we've a Christening this week, so it'll be Sat.
Generally the earlier the better for me :Smile

Do you have a road bike?
I intend to work back up to some fairly long road rides over the Autumn, they'll be good to bring fitness along quickly.
I typically use a Sat or Sun morning & always aim to be back late morning, lunchtime latest.  The start time varies based on intent.  Nice way to see some great parts of Kent too ;D
"Tinc" Wrote:Off road is perfectly possible too, but I'm not familiar enough with it to talk you through it.  Laggingbehind might be able to offer more help there.  It does involve crossing the A249 & a couple of "occupied" fields.

sorry not ignoring you chris123 just been away for the weekend...seems like your sorted now but shout if you need some help  ;D