This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear mech length
just need a little info needed before I order a new one, with regards to long,medium or short cage what are the fors & againsts for the respective lengths?
A long cage length is needed to keep the chain tension for example on 3x9 where there is a great deal of variation between the gearings. A short cage is recommended for instance on a 1x9 setup.
Thank you for your reply. I've a 2x10 set up so would a long or medium be best in your opinion?
Can you find out the current cage length - assuming you're upgrading components?
My current cage is 100mm from eye to eye
medium will do fine im running a 28-40 upfront on one. with a 11-36 at the rear
Cheers for that, Matt....I'm keeping it SRAM with an X9 Type 2 to hopefully stop my pesky chain from jumping Smile
2x10 - medium cage on sram.