This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open and closed
When you read guides on setting suspension up what is meant by the open and closed position? I understand speeding and slowing of damping and rebound but am unsure of open and closed.
Well, I'm gonna be brave here... Tongue

I think it usually refers to 'propedal' or lockout.  Fully closed would mean locked out, fully open would mean no propedal damping or compression damping engaged...

However, I am sure there are others who are far more expert in such matters!
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:Well, I'm gonna be brave here... Tongue

I think it usually refers to 'propedal' or lockout.  Fully closed would mean locked out, fully open would mean no propedal damping or compression damping engaged...

However, I am sure there are others who are far more expert in such matters!

I reckon that sounds about right.
"Blackers" Wrote:I reckon that sounds about right.

FFS.... Twice in a matter of days  :K)
If only we had an obsessive suspension fettler on the forum...
Wheres Number 36 when needed??? i do agree with Rachel BTW
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:Wheres Number 36 when needed??? i do agree with Rachel BTW

Funny you should mention the fettler... has taught me just about everything I know so far (bike related of course)

I'd like to think that with all the remarks I've heard in recent weeks & also nice posts like the two above - that No 36 would pop back up on the forum, enfolded once more into the bosom of Sketchy, & thus continue to advise & entertain us all once more.... Undecided

If I thought I would get enough support & a positive result, I would start a: 'Return sailor to the Forum' thread

However, he would only want to talk roadie/lycra/sportives/long stems/skinny tyres/high cadence nonsense & probably rather wishful thinking on my behalf too!
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:If I thought I would get enough support & a positive result, I would start a: 'Return sailor to the Forum' thread

However, he would only want to talk roadie/lycra/sportives/long stems/skinny tyres/high cadence nonsense

bring him back bring him back.  ;D
"General Sparks" Wrote:bring him back bring him back.  ;D

BUT - is it possible.....?!?

MODs?
:'(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />