This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jacket Required
Morning All

I need to get a new jacket as my 4 year old Endura Venturi sadly isnt up to it anymore.

I've looked at a couple in Evans recently, Altura Night Vision standard and Evo but seemed to recall someone on the old forum saying it was a bit sweaty? The Endura Flyte looks sensible and the Altura Vapour as well.

I have a Mountain Equipment gore tex jacket I'm using for now but it doesnt have a drop tail and rides up at the back which isnt ideal.

Brass tacks would be ideally sub £100 and would be used commuting as well as off road.

Thanks all Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Have you tried reproofing it? Nickwax Tech wash and wash in reproofer works pretty well.
Iv had the enduro stealth jacket, had it for about 6 years. Like yours getting a tad worn out, can say I'd be happy to get a new one of these again. Not to lose to flap around, with nice bit of room to allow good movement.
Reproofing isn't an option this time around as the material has delaminated down the sleeves and shoulder areas.

I'd he happy to buy another but its always good to check what else is available Smile
Polaris Summit

Madison Zenith

Madison Addict

Madison Zenith

Any thoughts on any of these; never used anything by either manufacturers before.
I have no experience of those but the Gore Bike Wear jacket I got last year is superb. RRP is way above budget but you can find some good deals if you shop around

Think I got the Alp-X 2
I have the altura night vision, its getting a bit battered and no longer very waterproof (even after a wash in nicwax, or whatever its called). I have no hesitation in buying a new one.

Ive never found it to sweaty but it does have long zipped vents from armpits down to the waist.

most importantly to me is the brightness of the reflective strips on it, and the flashing rear light, it is my main commuting jacket so thats the most important factor in my mind, and on the front I am very happy with it.
I've just got some Madison shorts (the ones with the waterproof bum crack splash area). Really impressed so far. Material is nice enough and they're not showing any signs of wear or decreased water resistance after 6 or 7 washes! Their stuff generally is quite well regarded I believe.
I couldn't decide so in the end I've ordered the Summit and Zenith and will decide when they arrive.
Well I have decided as well. i love my night vision jacket, and have noticed that there is now a better version called the evo. Its a better material and 50% more breathable. Also looks great in green. £80 from evans

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.altura.co.uk/products/detail/AL22EVO3">http://www.altura.co.uk/products/detail/AL22EVO3</a><!-- m -->