This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox bushes
I've managed to isolate the knocking i've found in my rear sus.  Looks like i need a replacement top bush (circled below) for the shock as there is a lot of play there.

resim

Having stripped down the frame it looks like all the other bearings are OK.  Anyway i only need 2 bits of metal

resim

Does anyone know if i can get these seperately or whether i'll have to go with a complete kit?  Is there anywhere cheaper that i can get them from?  20 quid seems a lot for a couple of bits of metal when i don't need the rest.

Incidentally before i stripped the bike down i got 2 opinions.  Firstly i took it to Downland cycles.  The guy immediately diagnosed a new top bush for the shock and said i'd quite possibly need a new bottom bush, but they couldn't supply them so he said i'd need to go to a Giant dealer.  So i took it over to Tibbs who tried to sell me a complete top arm linkage for £60!!  Glad i took the time to check for myself as the rest of the assembly is absolutely fine.

Sorry about the poor pic quality btw.
I hope you routed the chain threw the front mech before taking it to Downlands Wink  Mojo should do the bits you need, but £20 for the whole set isn't too bad, so might be worth renewing them all as they are the originals, assuming it is a DIY job.
I know its from Canada... but this Ebay listing may help>

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-Reign-Trance...240%3A1318
"Treehugger" Wrote:I hope you routed the chain threw the front mech before taking it to Downlands Wink  

Erm... No.  They didn't notice at Downlands but one of the guys at Tibbs did a massive double take  Big Grin  I tried to explaing what had happened but i felt like a right pleb  :B
"pittgoat" Wrote:Erm... No.  They didn't notice at Downlands but one of the guys at Tibbs did a massive double take  Big Grin  I tried to explaing what had happened but i felt like a right pleb  :B
Lol i'm sure they did notice at Downlands, but were just too polite to laugh at you Big Grin
Lol you're probably right.  When i tried to explain in Tibbs it sounded like it'd been like that for ages so was even more embarrassing.  Ah well!
Those bits are just the reducers.  The bush that normally wears is still in the shock.
"paul_f" Wrote:Those bits are just the reducers.  The bush that normally wears is still in the shock.

There didn't seem to be anything else in the shock but i'll have a look.  Those reducers were loose in the shock and seem to be where the movement was coming from