This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use Strava?
I just got Strava for my Iphone,

Just wondering how you start timing a segment?

Say if i went to the start of a single-track section that has had times set. How would i 'start the timer' so to speak etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers  Smile
You dont. You track the whole ride, including any photography stops, and then upload the whole ride at the end. You then log on to the website which will tell you how well you did on any segments you rode.
Oh, i see !

And don't worry, i won't be stopping for photo's  Wink

I'm looking forward to improving my technical skills and trying for some good times.

Thanks Blackers  Smile
Harry I think we need another Friday chat !!!
I've just been out and ran the ashford 10km. Strava says I have set 6 new personal records but I only have 2nd in two of them (400m and two miles). For the life of me I can't find anywhere that shows all my personal bests to see where the best time in those two categories is.
When you upload a ride do you get PB's if it is the first time you've ridden there?  I'm curious as yesterdays ride was the first time I've ridden where I was and despite being on the leaderboard it didnt give me any achievements.

Do you get them when you do a segment more then once  Undecided
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I have no idea mate... mine didn't reckonise Bambi for some reason so no time for it...  stupid strava
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
To record a Bambi time, you have to enter via the left entry point where the segment starts, as opposed to the one from the North Downs Way - which cuts the first section off
Ok thanks...  

Still stupid strava
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Its given me one time for Bambi which must have been the first one we did.

Silly Strava +1 lol
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been