This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football
Anybody else interested in football, if so who do you support?

I am an Arsenal supporter and try to get to as many games a season I can. But I also watch out for Gillingham results as they are local so like to see them do well. I really should attend some Gills games but for some reason never do
Liverpool here  ;D
Everton till i die (of embarassment in the 90s)!!  Have supported them since i was about 5 (mid 80s) so i'm in a small minority of Everton 'glory supporters'  Big Grin

Don't get to that many games - only the Stoke match this season but will sell a kidney to get FA cup semi final tickets.  Would sell the other one to get to the final!

I also play at least a couple of times a week all being well
"pittgoat" Wrote:Everton till i die (of embarassment in the 90s)!!  Have supported them since i was about 5 (mid 80s) so i'm in a small minority of Everton 'glory supporters'  Big Grin

Don't get to that many games - only the Stoke match this season but will sell a kidney to get FA cup semi final tickets.  Would sell the other one to get to the final!

just leave now please  Tongue before i start telling you how everton are full of flukes  Wink
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:just leave now please  Tongue before i start telling you how everton are full of flukes  Wink

At least our star midfielder doesn't belong in prison...  Wink  Looks like Pennant did make an impression at the club before he left after all...
I used to support Manchester United when young ie when they were struggling to stay in the top flight (Div 1 back then) but as they improved it of course became fashionable to support them and if you werent actually from Manchester you were abused for it so I lost interest. Its weird as in my limited experience of the game, I havent really heard of that with other teams.

Kinda follow Brighton as my Grandad used to, he took my to the old Wembley a couple of times.

I have a few issues with football ie all the idiot fans who are just yobs, im sure there are quite a few normal ones but watch a game of rugby and you have rival fans sat next to each other and never any issues!

Plus the silly amount footballers get paid and most of the time they miss the goal. I would quite happily miss the goal for £1k a week let alone 100k!!
"pittgoat" Wrote:At least our star midfielder doesn't belong in prison...  Wink  Looks like Pennant did make an impression at the club before he left after all...

Oiii  Big Grin yes i agree with you on that one though, he should be punished for what he did just like any other person would be.  shame everton players are to far below the media's radar so anything they do just gets ignored  Tongue
"pittgoat" Wrote:Everton till i die (of embarassment in the 90s)!!  Have supported them since i was about 5 (mid 80s) so i'm in a small minority of Everton 'glory supporters'  Big Grin

What do you make of the semi finals at Wembley! I think its a joke and they should be played at a nutral venue but typical of the FA trying to get as many games as possible at the New Wembley to pay off there massive stadium debt!! Takes the buzz away from the final and getting to play there when you have already played there in the semi's
Yes as above. The "big" stadium should be reserved for the final. Semis should be at somewhere neutral and normal with large capacity and there are enough of them.
Yeah Cardiff would of made a good venue