This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machu Picchu - 16 Gigapixel Photo
One of my favourite places in the world in amazing detail.

http://www.gigapixelperu.com/Welcome.html
It looks amazing. Friend has recently visited and had a wonderful time. As a fellow traveller I'm eager to visit EVERYWHERE Wink. Havnt touched on South America yet though and I'm thinking of tieing in a visit to M.Picchu along with Patagonia.  
"Adie.J" Wrote:It looks amazing. Friend has recently visited and had a wonderful time. As a fellow traveller I'm eager to visit EVERYWHERE Wink. Havnt touched on South America yet though and I'm thinking of tieing in a visit to M.Picchu along with Patagonia.  

It really is staggeringly beautiful. I always wanted to visit so it was a dream come true to be there. What photos dont really convey is just how perilously perched it is on a bloody great mountain. So much so that we walked 270 degree round said mountain with even seeing machu picchu. Which explains who the Spaniards managed to miss it.

What I have seen of South America (Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia) is fantastic. Sadly we missed out on patagonia and instead did....

resim

...which I do not regret as the falls were awe inspiring. Ironically we had time spare at the end of our time there so we could have done patagonia instead of our 2 weeks dossing in northern Peru.
Did you write a blog during your trip? If so could you please post a link as both the wife and I are eager to visit south america.  If I could only afford to take another year out to travel again, those were the days....fond memories of spending the day tubing in Laos or riding horseback in China on the Tibetan border.
Some friends can't understand that Im counting down the days to retirement with so many years left to work, I can, we get to sell it all and explore the world without a limited 3week holiday cap.  
"Adie.J" Wrote:Did you write a blog during your trip? If so could you please post a link as both the wife and I are eager to visit south america.  If I could only afford to take another year out to travel again, those were the days....fond memories of spending the day tubing in Laos or riding horseback in China on the Tibetan border.
Some friends can't understand that Im counting down the days to retirement with so many years left to work, I can, we get to sell it all and explore the world without a limited 3week holiday cap.  

You are police aren't you? Retiring at 50?  Tongue

I'll PM you the blog....
Grrr and some more Grrr, so much for transferring my Army pension and retiring at 52.  :'(

Cheers
"Adie.J" Wrote:Grrr and some more Grrr, so much for transferring my Army pension and retiring at 52.  :'(

Cheers

My latest pension prediction suggests I retire at 69 to achieve upper poverty status.  Sad I plan to live on a Vietnamese beach from day 3 of retirement.