This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many bikes can one man break????
Guess why i am a bit pissed of????
what happened?
Keep it foolish...
Oh no mate - what's broken now?!
I reckon you have a crack around the bottom bracket and 2 cracks on the welds at the front of the triangle mounting linkage plates.

Am i right?

I feel slightly bad for recomending you the frame Sad hopefully your get a new one soon, be a shame not to ride with you for ages.

p.s i also have a crack on my frame  Sad but am delaying sending it off.
Crack on the bottom bracket and 2 small cracks on the shock mount to the downtube  >Sad
Looks like it could be new frame time again..
looks like i will become a roady for a while AArrrgghhhhhhh (Ben or Ade got any Lycra i can borrow  ;D )

(Russ had inside info  Wink )
Bloody hell guy's, you two aren't having much luck. I know you both really like your Meta's, but i think it's time for something a bit stronger. Try and geta refund and get something like the Orange Alpine 160 Russ suggested before, or anything that is designed to do the large-ish drops all your rides seem to include! I think your riding is definitely encroaching in the "freeride" category.
"Buzz" Wrote:I feel slightly bad for recomending you the frame Sad hopefully your get a new one soon, be a shame not to ride with you for ages.

Dont worry Russ i love the frame and wouldnt change it, shame i wont be riding any thing "sketchy" for a while. i will miss you as well (you can practise your jumps now  ;D )
Guys that's a nightmare!  I'm gutted for you Sad  Are you pushing the frames beyond their intended use?  I thought the Meta was meant to cope with everything you guys do.  3 manufacturing faults out of 3 suggests awful luck or a problem with their processes.

So what's the plan?  Refund or replace?
I know categories are a bit subjective, but what categories do Commencal place the Meta in? I think it is more aggressive XC, as the Meta 6 was in an all mountain grouptest in last months MBR. I know you don't want to change it, but i seariousely think you should be thinking about something a bit more freeridy, with 6" or more travel and is designed to handle large drop offs and jumps. Like my Enduro Wink  
do you know how it happened?
Keep it foolish...