This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Chain and Cassette
Time for a new chain and cassette, i run a hope pro 11 with an alloy free hub. Currently have an XT cassette and KMC chain which ive been impressed with.

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICES NOW!!!!!!

ANybody know where i can get the cheapest Cassette? Merlin have come up trumps so far!

Shall i just go with an SLX cassette that only has the top 3 larger rings on a slider as to XTs 5.

Russ
Get the XT one or otherwise in the end you will need a new freehub. Sram chain 991 from ebay is what i usualy do.

Oh and you may want to get some more powerlinks  Wink
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:Get the XT one or otherwise in the end you will need a new freehub. Sram chain 991 from ebay is what i usualy do.

Oh and you may want to get some more powerlinks  Wink

The free hub it well dug up from the xt one so im considering just getting ther slx one?

I got some new powerlinks on tuesday just in time for my branch incounter on wednesday, once i take the old chain off ill have 5 powerlinks plus the 2 new ones i have  Tongue
But the old power links will have streched and it  will make the new chain skip.
I have 2 powerlinks in the chain at the moment that were from a previous chain and its fine. I doubt the odd link would make a difference.

Ive ordered my 12mm adapters.

Thats just reminded me, make sure the shop tell madison it has maxle drop outs or you may get a new frame back with regular qr drop outs.
furry muff , Thats me told  Wink

Where did you get the kit from in the end?

Bike shop just told me they have taken the maxel drop outs off.
Order them from Stiff, seems the only shop with them in stock.  Woolie hat shop seems cheap for cassette and chain deals but not as cheap as Merlin.