This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
26", 27.5" or 29"?
An interesting review.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pinkbike.com/news/26-vs-275-vs-29-Wheels.html">http://www.pinkbike.com/news/26-vs-275- ... heels.html</a><!-- m -->

Accurate? Not sure, but it seems to have had reasonable thought put in to it.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Not really as no such thing as 27.5", they are 27" and on that grounds I wont bother reading the article
Read it now, not great....far better article in mbuk I think it was recently where they had a elite xc/enduro rider do loops of cwm rhaeader which is basically 7km, up then down, he rode to a set max HR, 29 quickest up and down then 27 then 26 but time is only one factor in choosing a bike its fair to say, not everyone races  http://magazine.bikeradar.com/2012/11/15...e-results/
I think Derek's comparison was best.
I also think 650b is pointless as there is so little jump between that and 26. I should caveat this by admitting that I have never ridden 650b though. :B
Good read, interesting to see a test on almost identical bikes. Think I'm sticking with 26 for the mo, I do like to take the strange line down the hill heading for the line that looks the most fun rather than the quickest one. Looks like for 29ers are easily coming out a lot quicker in every thing I've read, wonder if they will cross over to DH racing soon Undecided
Probably not as to fit the wheels in with dh travel means a reallyyyy long bike so not suitable for most riders
Scott are running 650b next year on the dh team.
I shall come back to this later but I ride all 3 wheel sizes and there are distinct difference between the 3...  interesting none of them offend me or make me anger...  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:I shall come back to this later but I ride all 3 wheel sizes and there are distinct difference between the 3...  interesting none of them offend me or make me anger...  

You clearly haven't read the rules. Anger is a necessity.
I fully understand the benefits of 29 over 26 but I am very interested as to your thoughts on 26 v 650b. It just didn't seem to be enough of a leap.