This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arm pump & weight loss
Right, as some of you may know i have suffered quite badly (to the point of not enjoying the ride) from Arm pump.

I have been thinking about this and have realised that its worst when in the Alps, do you guys think it is more to do with the Altitude or that im a heavier rider or even poor suspension setup?

i plan to get very fit this year once healed up, and want to do some mini DH events and Enduros. if i was to lose between 1 to 1/2 a stone how much faster would that make me??

im currently 15.4 stone was just under 15 before the op. so would like to get to 14 stone or 14.5

lot of questions but im bored.......please discuss
Pro MX and Super bike racers suffer with this so I would say its not too do with fitness, but would be helped with more targeted excercise i.e. grip training, squeeze training excercises to simulate specific movements, I know there is a training device MX riders use which is a brake lever type thing that you can increase resistance on.
Or you can have surgery  Big Grin Big Grin where they slice the sheathing around the muscle
Started January at 15. 7 now down to 15. 1 so we're both heading for roughly the same weight ish. Will you be doing any weights?
We've had this discussion loads mate, the fitter you are the less you will get it, it's also down to core strength to.

Stop braking you ...... meow.
"Buzz" Wrote:We've had this discussion loads mate, the fitter you are the less you will get it, it's also down to core strength to.

Stop braking you ...... meow.

Not disagreeing but how is it Pro bike riders get it and I would say they are pretty fit to be in their game, to the degree were its almost finished careers
Weight on a piece of string, roll it in, roll it out, do it til u can't do it no more twice a day every day. No needto go too heavy, but not too easy either.

Weight will come off when u start riding again and avoid the monster
did loads or wrist exercises before the Mega and had it the worst i have ever had when we was out there..... i have a powerball and moto ring.

Lindon will try and make what you describe after i see the physio on monday.
Ohhh and only had 4 monsters in 4 weeks and am now hooked on chocolate friji instead  Wink
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:Ohhh and only had 4 monsters in 4 weeks and am now hooked on chocolate friji instead  Wink

Oh gd for u, that's so much better!

Arm pump is an awkward one, my mate, as Darren says a mo to xer, always had problems & I believe can be an onset or related to carpal tunnel, maybe look into that to c what's recommended (not surgery!!!)
Iv been told a lot of the pro riders go without arm pads for this reason  as they can restrict blood flow Undecided not saying not to wear them but could be trying different pads could help. You could try mine but seeing as you have man arms, compared to my tampon strings that hang off my body.  :Smile
Lol at Skid, yes thinking about it my compression suit didn't help very much...

any i found this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stanislausorthopedics.com/armpumpandmotocross.htm">http://www.stanislausorthopedics.com/ar ... ocross.htm</a><!-- m --> quite a good read.