This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go pro hero 3 question
Thinking of getting a camera, which is recommended by people who use them already?

Is the 3 much better and worth the extra over the 2?  Also what package if it is the 3 to go for, silver or black?  Do you get enough useful mounts with it or do you have to then look at getting others?

Any advice appreciated.
I have just changed up to the gopro 3 black edition as it is smaller and lighter than the gopro2 and the 3 also has built in wifi and comes with a remote. i would advice to get a vented helmet mount and chest mount.

also the 3 black edition has a better frame rate and better photo functions.
Experienced the freezing or tiny battery life issues effecting lots of owners?
"Breezer" Wrote:Experienced the freezing or tiny battery life issues effecting lots of owners?

If you turn of wifi once set up on your head its fine (but if left on its rubbish)  and no freezing as yet. Any issues will be fixed in a firmware update and also they plan to increase the frame rate of the 4k via firmware also.
I see it does continuos 8mp shots whilst 720p60 that's quite good. Is the mike any better? Can you adjust the fov for each mode to avoid fisheye curving?
"Breezer" Wrote:I see it does continuos 8mp shots whilst 720p60 that's quite good. Is the mike any better? Can you adjust the fov for each mode to avoid fisheye curving?

Yeah with the new lense you don't get the fish eye but you can still change each mode. Mic is good but still not tested it that much due to shoulder.