This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodridge brake hose?
Anyone know where i can get some Goodridge braided brake hose from? CR are fooking useless as usual as their server appears to be down, and i can't find anywhere else that dose the hose on it's own without fittings.
a shop that sells goodridge  Wink

Need more braking power do we.
Hotlines UK are the importer (well one of them anyway)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotlines-uk.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=60">http://www.hotlines-uk.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=60</a><!-- m -->
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:a shop that sells goodridge  Wink

Need more braking power do we.
Not really, but i need a longer rear hose so that i can route it properly as it's currently too short and missing out the guide neer the bb and it sticks out loads as the suss compresses. And you know me, why by bargain basement when i can bling it out for only £9.98 a meter Wink
I may be wrong but I'm not convinced you can just put Goodridge Braided hoses onto any body elses end fitting kits. The Braided hoses are thicker for starters
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:I may be wrong but I'm not convinced you can just put Goodridge Braided hoses onto any body elses end fitting kits. The Braided hoses are thicker for starters
Well they do a kit for Juicy 5's on the Hotlines site so should be ok. Or do you mean i would have to use the Goodridge lever and caliper hardware instead of the existing Avid bits? I'm going to get Downlands to fit it anyway so if i need different hardware they can order it in. Just ordered the hose now anyway.

Are you able to buy stuff directly from Hotlines. You can select stuff in the basket but i looked for ages for the checkout button to no avail. Got from the CR site in the end as it's finally working again.
Do it yourself Andy!  You'll save a few quid and can borrow my bleed kit again if you don't still have it anyway
Bromley Bike Shop sell them, you can always give them a ring and ask.
Its the Banjos & metal fixings that screw into the reservoirs & caliper that you may need to change to suit the diameter of the hose. Let me know how you get on because Im currently thinking of changing to Goodridge on my Juicy Fives as well but can only find a fixing kit for Juicys Pre 05 & mined are the 2007 version.
I have identical pairings of hope mono m4 front and mono mini rear (ones that have just been updated), one with goodridge hoses, one without, cant tell any difference between them but the braided ones look better and will be stronger in a crash and less likely to be cut