This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange GPRS settings
ok ive just had to reset my phone due to there being a massive error on it (typical windows eh) and ive appeared to of lost all my GPRS settings

anyone out there got the GPRS settings for orange, and how to input them into the phone ? Undecided my phones running Windows Mobile 6
Will be on their website somewhere however when I last reset my old windows mobile, it had default settings in there for all the carriers, forget exactly where but under connections or something there was a wizard and it did it all for me
"Breezer" Wrote:Will be on their website somewhere however when I last reset my old windows mobile, it had default settings in there for all the carriers, forget exactly where but under connections or something there was a wizard and it did it all for me

nope no settings already in there, when i go into settings, connections then into the wizard, i get a screen coming up asking me for access point, then user name password and domain, thing is the settings i found on the web look nothing like these ones  Undecided am i just navigating to the wrong part?

cant use settings from orange as they require your phone make, seeing as ubiquio is not on there im assuming i cant use there auto send settings
Try it, may work or perhaps http://www.filesaveas.com/wap.html#settings
Probably all the same. These are the ones for my old HTC Tytn II, as its windows mobile the phone shouldnt matter

Setting up the data account

1. On the handset, tap Start and select Settings.
   2. Tap the Connections tab.
   3. Tap the Connections icon.
   4. Tap the Advanced tab.
   5. Tap Select Networks.
   6. Under the first drop down box, tap New…
   7. In the Enter a name for these settings: field, enter Orange WAP
   8. Tap the Modem tab.
   9. Tap New…
  10. In the Enter a name for the connection: field, enter Orange WAP
  11. Tap the Select a modem drop-down list and select Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G).
  12. Tap Next.
  13. In the Access point name: field, enter orangewap
  14. Tap Next.
  15. If required, in the User name: field enter Orange
  16. If required, in the Password: field enter Multimedia
  17. Tap Finish.
  18. Tap the Proxy Settings tab.
  19. Select the This network connects to the Internet option.
  20. Select the This network uses a proxy sever to connect to the Internet option.
  21. Tap Advanced… Tap on HTTP.
  22. In the Proxy server field, enter 192.168.71.35
  23. In the Port field, enter 8080
  24. Tap ok five times
  25. Tap x to close the Settings screen.
  26. Tap Start, then launch Internet Explorer.
  27. Tap Menu.
  28. Tap Favorites...
  29. Tap the Add / Delete tab.
  30. Tap Add...
  31. In the Name field, enter Orange
  32. In the Address field, enter <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://orangeworld.co.uk">http://orangeworld.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
  33. Tap Add.
  34. Tap ok.
  35. Tap x.
thanks a lot breezer thats done it  ;D
Excellent. Now I can whinge about bl00dy students on holiday using their expensive mobiles to surf the internet via my tax money  Big Grin
bloody hell, nice work breezer, but it would have been great if steve's phone had exploded into a million pieces upon the final tap...
Keep it foolish...
In fairness I copied and pasted from their website which is what I initially suggested to him but yes it would have been hilarious if it had exploded or produced a hand somehow which slapped him around the face and the removed more bolts from his linkages  Big Grin
yes but it wouldnt let me gain acces to the settings

leave my linkage alone Big Grin its currently drying with loctite on as per your suggestion