This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turns out road riding is stupidly easy...
As per title - finally pulled my finger out and did my first commute of the year.  Didn't even have slick tyres on and i smashed my previous best time to get home by several minutes, despite riding very little lately.  Less than 56 mins to get home from Sandwich  8)  Ben, Ade - i don't know what all the fuss is about!!  Big Grin
Is your B'day sooner than Xmas Nick? I'll get you some lycra...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
It is stupidly easy on the road, we never said it was hard! - Thats why you need to do 25 miles+ to get any benefit.

Just come back from my beach ride to get up the cliffs, thats mainly promenade - but the coastal winds today made it feel like I was cycling in treacle this morning.

A bonus today was that I didnt ride through dogsh*t, but I did get chased by a Boxer Dog.
My name is Nigel...  and    errr...   i have and ride a road bike....  

There, now you know...  it has tri bars and twin bladed 4 spoke carbon wheels too....   ha ha i'm sooo sad... the benefits of having a semi pro level biking mate who does me killer deals on his old stuff!!!

Road ride anyone?
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:My name is Nigel...  and    errr...   i have and ride a road bike....  

There, now you know...  it has tri bars and twin bladed 4 spoke carbon wheels too....   ha ha i'm sooo sad... the benefits of having a semi pro level biking mate who does me killer deals on his old stuff!!!

Road ride anyone?

Big Grin ill bring something out of my dads collection, full carbon wheels with power tap hubs to tell me exactly how much power im ouputting ... beat that Wink Big Grin Big Grin
Brand new Cube with full Durarace with SRM crankset with £1600 Renyolds wheels...and a carbon bottle cage...  dadaa

Sounds like they have simaler kit, they probably know each other...  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Brand new Cube with full Durarace with SRM crankset with £1600 Renyolds wheels...and a carbon bottle cage...  dadaa

Sounds like they have simaler kit, they probably know each other...  

Big Grin most likely
Makes my £200(ish) Raleigh "Piece-Of-Crap"cicle seem rather embarrassing. :'(
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:Makes my £200(ish) Raleigh "Piece-Of-Crap"cicle seem rather embarrassing. :'(

Too right it's embarrassing.  Its a road bike  Big Grin