This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For sale Giant XTC Composite 3 (2007) size Medium
Possibly for sale depending on the result of a test ride...  Price negotiable to forum users Smile

This carbon fibre hardtail is a gorgeous bike to ride.  It was purchased in September 2007 and has been ridden quite a few miles.  It has never been ridden for anything more punishing than XC as I have a FS that I use for more technical riding.  Many of the miles are from road commuting, some are singletrack or bridleway.  This is one fast bike.  Being nice and light it accelerates like a dream and handles beautifully.  It eats up the climbs and as it is carbon the back end is very forgiving while retaining the stiffness you need to be able to ride fast and hard.  On numerous occasions I’ve spent quite literally all day in the saddle and have been surprised how good I feel afterwards

The overall condition is good for a bike that is 18 months old however there are the usual cable rub marks on the forks (note stanchions are perfect) and on a few areas of the frame.  There are a couple of small paint chips on the frame that have been re-lacquered.  There are two larger marks where the chain has come off and taken away a noticeable amount of paint, however these areas have also been touched up and there is no damage to the structural integrity of the carbon frame itself.  The brake levers and calipers are scuffed from minor crashes but the bike has never been in a serious accident.  I’m highlighting these imperfections as I want to be as straight as possible with potential buyers.  Photos to follow but please don’t let it put you off – it’s a great bike and most of the marks aren’t noticeable on the completed build.

Spec is as follows.  Most components are standard spec but a couple of items have been upgraded:

*Giant XTC Composite 2007 frame
*Rockshox Reba SL fork with external ‘poplock’ lockout.  Internal travel adjust currently set to 100mm (85, 100, 115mm travel options via internal spacers, frame rated up to 100mm travel)
*Raceface ‘Ride XC’ crankset
*Sram cassette
*Mavic 317 rims on Shimano Deore hubs
*Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm G2 rotors front and rear (plenty to stop you dead!)
*Shimano LX shifters
*Shimano LX front and rear derailleurs
*Fizik saddle replacing the WTB original.  This is much more comfortable and retailed for £70
*Shimano M520 SPD pedals and cleats (may have the platforms to make these ‘half SPD’ pedals again
*Giant A3 seatpost and stem
*Panaracer Fire XC pro tyres (some wear on these – traed is not ‘as new’)
*WTB grips

New gear cables have just been fitted, the fork was recently stripped and rebuilt.  The whole bike has just been dismantled, cleaned and re-built.

These bikes are hard to come by.  Based on the original price (£1450), upgrades and the going rate for the few similar bikes I can find I’m asking £750 for the complete build.  The bike is situated in Canterbury, but I travel a reasonable amount so viewings could be arranged for anyone serious about buying.

If you have any questions please let me know

Temporary pic until I get some proper ones done.  Please ignore terrible bottle cage Tongue

resim
How much for the bottle cage?
"Legless" Wrote:How much for the bottle cage?

Don't be ridiculous - i couldn't possibly part with it!

(£749)
"pittgoat" Wrote:Don't be ridiculous - i couldn't possibly part with it!

(£749)

so by my amazing mathmatical skills thats £1 for the bike ? ill take it  Wink hell ill over throw in a few pennies on top of the £1  Tongue

on a serious note, sorry but i could never afford it Sad
Steve the bike is yours for a quid as long as you buy the bottle cage for £749 Wink
Are you selling this because it never attracted any women to you due to the lack of carbon brake levers?
yeh nick you forgot to rate it on the "chick pulling scale" of course though me and nick saw in canterbury that shouting at them and giving them abuse is the way to go  Big Grin

anyway back on topic, one of my dads mates is looking at getting into the sport, and is looking for a bike will send him that photo and will keep in contact with you nick about it
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:yeh nick you forgot to rate it on the "chick pulling scale" of course though me and nick saw in canterbury that shouting at them and giving them abuse is the way to go  Big Grin

anyway back on topic, one of my dads mates is looking at getting into the sport, and is looking for a bike will send him that photo and will keep in contact with you nick about it

Cheers Steve.

Yep that was one classy couple we saw last week.
I don't need another bike... but good luck with the sale...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:I don't need another bike... but good luck with the sale...

Cheers - it's almost like you have a vested interest in it Wink