This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G form knee pad
G form Knee Pad
Just got mine through and have only used for one ride, but so impressed that i thought it worth a write up. iv been on the look out for a minimal light weight easy to pedal pad that would suit most of the riding in and around kent. For years of not wearing pads for most riding iv the scares to prove that its worth wearing something to aleast stop you having time off the bike from having to have your knees knit back together or walk round with a granny elephant leg from a good bashing :B
Most pads chaff my me but theses flex so freely that you really do forget your wearing them, which iv never felt with any other pad iv had. Iv not had an off on these yet ??) but the test off kneeling on the floor and moving around a bit makes me confidence that they give coverage to the area you would get impact and the magic foam material that hardens on impact would protect  pretty well Smile they dont move around ether the sticky strips like the ones you get at the hem of udershort do a great job of keeping them glued in place.
Now im not saying id use these for DH or even up in the big country rocky mountain descents. But for most of the riding i do these look like there do the trick ;D
I paid £38 and ordered in a large :o after measuring up. Yes thats right me in a large, think this is officaly the first item iv brought in a large, almost makes me feel like a real man Big Grin so as you can guess size yourself up  1 or 2  :B from what you would normally buy.
Thanks for reading, hope this was helpful. ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Good review, but from the pic i cannot make out if its your elbow or Knee????  Wink

have to let me know how they are after you have a small off (if you ever do)
I've had mine about a month now and am really impressed with the comfort and agree you forget your wearing them.

Mine have a hole in the back in the middle and I have no idea how it happened. I was riding at covert last week and took them off to find the hole and can't understand how it happened just there. So they are not the most hard wearing.

I put mine in the washing machine last weekend and then let them drip dry as per the instructions and they've definitely loosened up a bit.
Just wanted to follow up on this now as Iv had them about 6 months. Basically amazing pads for what they are aimed at their the best out there, Iv had a fair few offs now  :B on a variety of surfaces, and haven't felt a thing thorough  them .the magic foam that hardens on impact really works.
There also great in the winter for keeping the knees warm and for the summer are so much more cool and breathable than other pads. Quality is great they have held up fantastically well though a very grotty winter, which Iv kept  them clean by hand washing them and popping them up to dry, good plus is they dry very quickly.
After using theses I'm starting to think other pads are total overkill for almost all riding, I'm happy wearing theses for every thing apart from the more extreme DH.
So for me no more lost and irritated skin from pad rub, and no more scars(well on my knees anyway Smile)
Stay frosty dudes and thanks for reading.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Glad you put this up, i need to replace my Endura's soon.
I might get some for the summer - sound spot on. Reminds me of my nutter tortoise too!!
I've found mine have got a little bit baggy. I'm gonna use them as a summer pad and I have some troy Lee 5450's for chillier stuff.
"Lee G" Wrote:I've found mine have got a little bit baggy. I'm gonna use them as a summer pad and I have some troy Lee 5450's for chillier stuff.

Highly recommend those dude! Mine are tired now though after nearly 2 years of use and countless washes. They were excellent when it was chilly! Smile I still had to use Sudacreme to stop them rubbing though.

My next set are going to be the new slimline Fox jobbies... Look super comfy and nice and sleek on my skinny pins!
"BennyP" Wrote:Highly recommend those dude! Mine are tired now though after nearly 2 years of use and countless washes. They were excellent when it was chilly! Smile I still had to use Sudacreme to stop them rubbing though.

My next set are going to be the new slimline Fox jobbies... Look super comfy and nice and sleek on my skinny pins!

Mrs skids just got a set of the fox enduros thorough the post. Look and fit seems good but I would say offer less protection  than these do, but they do look nice and comfy good choice if you really hate pads, but want at lest a little something.  
The enduros can only be used during enduro racing or riding though. They could not be used at Kings for example else you would be arrested.