This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak Knee
Hi All - Wonder if our in house doctors are able to shed some light on this, before I see a real one (in a fortnight or something stupid)

Of late, over the past week, my right knee appears to "giving up" when weight/powerrrrrr is put on it. The weird thing is, it doesnt hurt.

I wouldnt say its swollen either, its just uncomfortable and clearly not right - currently tackling stairs a step at a time is annoying!

Theres no crunching/grinding in the knee, so Im hoping not bone related.

Could this simply be a sprain of some sorts?
Sounds like rabies.
Knee rabies. It's like myxomatosis, for your knees!
Im now hearing this might be fluid on the knee or something similar to that.

I will mention Rabies if and when I get to see someone..... thanks for your input.
To be honest Rabies works fast so I don't you'll get to the appointment. Happy to help though  Smile

In other news, I had issues with my knee giving way a few years ago. sometimes with pain and sometimes without. I had bone fragment trapped in the joint.
Im going to the ironically entitled "Walk in clinic" this evening....

See whats going on with it. No doubt it'll be your usual "take these and see me in 2 weeks" nonsense.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Im going to the ironically entitled "Walk in clinic" this evening....

Hobbled at the first hurdle...
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Scabies.......
Turns out potentially torn meniscus but I need a scan... Seems I need to go via several different routines to get this sorted... Starts Monday.

I have private, so might simply go via that way.

Odd this is still no pain, but been explained that it comes in various guises... Just damn uncomfortable now.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Turns out potentially torn meniscus but I need a scan... Seems I need to go via several different routines to get this sorted... Starts Monday.

I have private, so might simply go via that way.

Odd this is still no pain, but been explained that it comes in various guises... Just damn uncomfortable now.

If you'd like some I can arrange it.
Only in a helpful way you understand  Wink