This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedgebury Race 9th May
Bedgebury race on the 9th  Smile
"Breezer" Wrote:Bedgebury race on the 9th  Smile

Race ?  I thought it was a sketchy ride or is it all "lap times" now  Wink

Either way I am torn, I'd love a ride up there to meet you guys (And check out Wanda's and see how it feels now it's dry again) but the other lot going to Surrey need help.  They wont find Holmbury, let alone the trails without a bit of guidance and if they get to Afan having never rumbled over a root or picked a line down a sketchy descent, they wont enjoy it properly.

Plus, post Afan I have a feeling I will be able to fly round those surrey trails  ;D
http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/racing/bed..._2009.html
"Breezer" Wrote:http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/racing/bed..._2009.html

Hmmm

So you ride round and round a 3.5km course for nearly two hours ?  

Call me "mr negative" but I'm sort of thinking that this 3.5km course is going to be :

a - overcrowded
b - not very exciting or technical and will get very very boring after 3 laps.

I think Surrey trumps this by some margin.  I'd rather spend 2 hours doing 2 laps of the singletrack, more variety.
One hour and 1.5km of it that I know and have ridden before is better than any bit on the official singletrack. Yes Surrey is probably better as with friends etc but just mentioning it....ive done a few fun xc races so going to check this one out as close
"Breezer" Wrote:One hour and 1.5km of it that I know and have ridden before is better than any bit on the official singletrack. Yes Surrey is probably better as with friends etc but just mentioning it....ive done a few fun xc races so going to check this one out as close

Oh, I saw 10.40 to 12.15 which I guess is 1hr35 not 2hrs.

better than any bit of the singletrack ?  Even the nice descent before the Berm-y abomination ?  Where is it ?  Is it to your right as you do the fireroad climb from the carpark to the start of the ST ?  I've always seen riders in those woods and wondered what was in there.
If youre under 10! Senior race was 11.15 or something. Yes and yes where you describe
BMJBOY/Mudmonkey: See link to pdf on here, registration in car park, course is using the whole 1.5km long ish downhill singletrack, thats going to be mad as its so tight but I do like "creating" overtaking spots on Gorrick races heh

http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/racing/bed..._2009.html
I read that as their short course but extended by a further 3.5Km.. surely you cant have a race with only 3.5Km laps
Not sure, could mean either way from the text, they are limiting it to 100 riders across all classes so either way it will be a bit of carnage heh. My earlier statement was a bit wrong as it doesnt use the end bit of the extra singletrack, veers off before that