This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Well Ric (not4roaduse)
Well another eventful ride at Bedgebury, Me and Ric (not4roaduse) did a good lap and really pushed it. must have been about the same time as me and Nigel did.

However after that we went to the Northshore and Jump section. Did the northshore fine.

Then we hit the jumps and unfortunatly Ric had a bad Crash on the Second Jump in and hit his head badly and has broken his collar bone as well, he had synovial fluid from his nose and felt sick. the collar bone was very prominent and was quiet worried. He was able to walk and his head was ok in the end. I have taken him to Sidcup hospital and hope all is well.

Get well mate.
Are you Damien the anti crist or something?!

Get well soon Ric Sad

Was it this morning?
Very sorry to hear the bad news rick, wishing you a speedy hassle free recovery.
"Breezer" Wrote:Are you Damien the anti crist or something?!

Get well soon Ric Sad

Was it this morning?

Well i was thinking about getting a meta 666, Yes it was this morning.

Hope its ok and he gets well soon. he was in good spirits at least.
Maybe I shouldnt ride with you, at least not at Bedgebury heh

That 2nd jump does have an awful kick to it at the top of the lip. The berms into it are badly made as well as they finish about a foot short so you cant rail them properly without having to steer yourself into the 2nd one.

I wonder how often you get total newbies trying those bits out or even just the singletrack on hire bikes and maiming themselves. It was a bit ridiculous around Bewl after doing Bedgebury on Sunday, ok nothing technical but a lot of its off road and yet it looked like cycle helmets were banned, only saw about 2 other people wearing them out of probably 100 riders, lots of them being families with small kids  >Sad
Oh no....

When you eventually get round to reading this Ric.... I truely hope you are ok mate and that your injuries will heal quickly...

Mark you are getting rather good at writing these bad news posts...  

Flipping heck.... would everybody stop hurting themselves....  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:  

Flipping heck.... would everybody stop hurting themselves....  

100% Agree

How are you doing now Nigel? I gave Ric the low down on your crash in the car.
He should have taken the offer up by Pappa Smurf to ride BBH.. Get well soon thou.
Oh dear... wishing you a speedy recovery of course.

I think I'll get a road bike instead Big Grin
Get well soon Ric. This Forum is cursed!

In other news...my cast comes off tomorrow.