This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky+
Get Sky+ (which was most of your responses when I wanted to watch Arsenal V Man U last week)
Sky+ means less money to spend on bike bits!
Not if you just buy the box on Ebay!

(Like I did!)

Assuming you have normal sky too.
Normal Sky means less money to spend on bike bits !

I got a box for £10 off ebay and rigged it up to the old cables left in the house so get most of the free channels as I get no tv reception where I am despite having to pay for a tv license  >Sad

I didnt realise a Sky+ box worked without subscription. The parents have it but were on about not renewing and I presumed it would just revert to bog standard with no recording facilities.

OT!
Ah, not sure about if it will work or not without subcription.

I wasnt going to pay £100 for the box + £40 installation, I got a modded box with bigger HDD for £60 and done it myself and then rang sky to activate it.

In which case...

Get a Freeview Recorder!
Already have one, media PC, was thinking of the parents. They insist its of no use to them but whenever I go round the tv is always on and loads of programs on the planner!

OT!
i used to have a way off streaming most of the sky channels straight into WMP from the internet ... not tried it in a while maybe ill tap the settings back in (if i can find them) and try

we have sky+ and i love it ... HDD full of bike programs ? wasent me  ??) Big Grin
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:i used to have a way off streaming most of the sky channels straight into WMP from the internet ... not tried it in a while maybe ill tap the settings back in (if i can find them) and try

we have sky+ and i love it ... HDD full of bike programs ? wasent me  ??) Big Grin

Mines much the same, although you know when Mrs Boy's been on it, as my programs slowly start dissapearing and replaced with:

Pretty Woman
Maid In Manhatten
Hollyoaks
Home & Away

and other such sh*t

Mine usual reads:

Mountain Bike Program(s)
Dodgeball
Apprentice
Aerobics Oz Style
Rambo
Anchorman