This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Sticky Stuff
ok lets get the jokes out the way first ... no i didnt have an accident whilst having a good old bash ...Big Grin

after taking some border papery stuff off the wall in the bathroom we are left with a load of wall paper sticky residue on the wall ... whats the best way to remove this ? i know GT85 works on remaints left from a sticker on a bike will it work on wall paper glue residue without damaging the paint underneath ? if not any ideas how to remove it ?
Are you painting over the paint underneath?

If you are, I think the product you need is Sugar Soap, but this might be too abrasive if you want the paint to be pristine underneath.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Are you painting over the paint underneath?

If you are, I think the product you need is Sugar Soap, but this might be too abrasive if you want the paint to be pristine underneath.

dont think so ... i think the idea was just to remove it as it looked ugly  Big Grin, sure GT85 wont work ? was hoping to get the remaints of the can but if not  Sad
No idea - dont usually reach for GT85 or WD40 when removing wallpaper!

If you can borrow a wallpaper steamer they do the trick as this melts the adhesive - Im betting though it'll never be 110% and it may need a new lick of paint anyway.

Is this a border you're removing then? - is the paint faded between the 2?
"BMJBOY" Wrote:No idea - dont usually reach for GT85 or WD40 when removing wallpaper!

If you can borrow a wallpaper steamer they do the trick as this melts the adhesive - Im betting though it'll never be 110% and it may need a new lick of paint anyway.

Is this a border you're removing then? - is the paint faded between the 2?
im not quite sure what to call it ... its half way up the wall and has pretty patterns on  Undecided its like wallpaper just  a thin strip of it
LOL - its a border....

Im betting it wont look 100%, why not try some GT85! - Failing that, if it was me, I'd borrow a steamer and get some hot action all over it.....  :B
don't use gt85 or wd40 if you don't want a nasty stain or to never be able to paint over it again. steam is generally best, try boiling the kettle on an extension lead and holding it under the sticky stuff in question, this is a pain of you have loads to remove, but worth it if only a little bit...
Keep it foolish...
ok cheers for the help guys ... looks like i wont be getting a free can of GT85 out of it Tongue