This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - Hardtail frame
Looking for a medium size hardtail MTB frame with the following qualities:
  • Straight and true
  • Disk brake mount
  • 1-1/8 straight steerer
  • Medium size or around 17-19 inches

Budget flexible, but not looking to spend more than £150. What you got?
I have an old Easton taperwall tubed maxlight frame doing not a lot in the shed.  Very light, takes either a 26.8 or 27.2 seat post although the paint is scruffy.  It has FSA headset cup with bearings but not sure if I still have the crown race and top cap.

£50.00 if you're interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Other side  :B

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I have an Identiti Mr Hyde am looking to sell
Need to strip old parts off it. It's a bit scruffy but good solid frame
What for?

This any good?
I'm looking for something to replace the Kona Lava Dome frame on my commuter, it hasn't taken long to get bored of having to deflate the rear tyre every time I want to remove the rear wheel as this happens every week when I wash it. In the summer I'm going to try to make it an off road commute as far as possible too - I will be keeping it fully rigid though.

I like Whyte frames for the bosses to mount a crud catcher to, but I'm sure there is plenty of choice out there and I've not set my heart on anything in particular. With shipping costs on ebay adding around 10% to a fair few frames I thought I would see what's available locally on here.

Thanks for the posts so far.
get a car  Tongue
And not be in fear for my life everyday?! I'd feel dead inside.

I notice the Orange Crush frames also have those handy little mudguard mounts on the down tube. Any others?
"Neil" Wrote:And not be in fear for my life everyday?! I'd feel dead inside.

I notice the Orange Crush frames also have those handy little mudguard mounts on the down tube. Any others?

Carrera frames do too, and they are pretty good frames these days. Not many other manufacturers do, don't know why Undecided
I have a 2011(I think) Boardman comp frame (medium) pretty much brand new, don't think it has the mud guard mounts around 50 quid?