This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodge Jobs
Post pics of your bicycle  bodge jobs here!

1st up, Crud Catcher mudguard transformation. The rear kept falling off every time I went over earth worm castings so a more robust solution was sought: bolt it directly to the frame via the panier bolt holes on the seat stay. The mud guard was wider than the seat stay so I used rear shock bushings as spacers. Unfortunately I'd chopped a little too much off the front of the mudguard meaning I still got sprayed by the rear wheel. This was solved by cutting the arms off a Mucky Nutz Fender Bender and super gluing it (after roughing it up with sandpaper) to the Crud Catcher. I disliked the front Crud Catcher attached to the downtube so attached it directly to the fork arch using a jubilee clip (they are quite old crappy forks). To prevent a small amount of water escaping via the usual mounting holes, I liberally applied the glue gun on the top and underside of them,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Had a fair few get me home gaffs tape and cable tie moments. But the best to date was on Daisy's bike at at a bull track race when her chain guide broke. Can't remember who's idea it was, but for a bottle top and the magic cable ties it work pretty well  8)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
No photo but around 16 years ago on a ride I snapped 2 of my granny ring chainring bolts due to the sheer mental amount of torque I was putting out. This bent the granny ring. As I didn't have the required crank extractor tool etc with me, I undid the remaining bolts, slid the granny ring over the BB shell towards the frame and secured it there with my friends sunglasses strap
"Skid" Wrote:Had a fair few get me home gaffs tape and cable tie moments. But the best to date was on Daisy's bike at at a bull track race when her chain guide broke. Can't remember who's idea it was, but for a bottle top and the magic cable ties it work pretty well  8)

It was my idea Smile But you and John got all the credit Sad