This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation Solo Air Problems
Hey,

So... My year old Revs have a problem where they are not getting all their travel. As in - I set the pressure for my correct sag but unloaded the stanchions only come out the lowers to the 20% sag mark. To get them all the way out they need half as much air in again.

I've spoke to Loco and read various things on the internet and It sounds like a problem with negative air chambers or something like that. BUT - the chap at loco just told me to service them, which is probably they way to sort them out. However - in my mind, they are not functioning as intended and this should be something the 2 year warranty covers?

What do you reckon? Before I speak to Loco tomorrow....
Air is leaking past the seal into the negative chamber. Steve (Tooyoungtoknow) had the same problem with my Rev's before he sold them to me, he did a service replacing all the seals and they were fine the whole time i had them.
Service interval is what, 50hrs or less so presumably not ridden much in a year or would need to show proof of services before going warranty route
I had a similar issue with my dual air revs last year. A service sorted it out.
"Breezer" Wrote:Service interval is what, 50hrs or less so presumably not ridden much in a year or would need to show proof of services before going warranty route

Excellent point. I'll have a word with Loco and see what cost I'm looking at. Maybe look into home servicing.

I'm getting rid of them though! Which makes it even more annoying!  :Smile
My revs did this, after letting all the air out, both pos and neg and adjusting them they've been just fine. For two years, I don't ride this bike much though.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:My revs did this, after letting all the air out, both pos and neg and adjusting them they've been just fine. For two years, I don't ride this bike much though.

These are the solo airs so I don't think I can just do that - which is annoying.

I'm going to have a word with South Coast Suspension as I can drop it into them when I'm Eastbourne way. The postage costs that Loco etc put on top just makes it too expensive.

Or, I could try myself with a refresh kit? Advised?
I'm sure Grant will sort them out plus if you pick them up at a weekend he might even show you some of the local trails Wink
"Breezer" Wrote:I'm sure Grant will sort them out plus if you pick them up at a weekend he might even show you some of the local trails Wink

Not for a while, he's broken his shoulder.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Not for a while, he's broken his shoulder.

Ahh shame... Do you know him well Breezer?

Seems like it's just what I'm after. £30 basic charge for stripping down and then the cost of parts on top which he reckons will be £10ish for a basic strip down.

Probably going to be selling them to my cousin otherwise I'd have sold them on eBay as 'needing work'.