This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few on here, maybe...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TEhySzO14ik&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTEhySzO14ik">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TEhySzO14i ... EhySzO14ik</a><!-- m -->
Nice documentary
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Big Grin I'm  liking theses guys vids ;D
Seriously, What is it with the shaving though Undecided surly unless your as hair as a Wookiee does it make any difference?
Cough...Mike and Rich Wink Lol.
&quot;Skid&quot; Wrote:Big Grin I'm  liking theses guys vids ;D
Seriously, What is it with the shaving though Undecided surly unless your as hair as a Wookiee does it make any difference?

The main, overwhelming goal of road cycling is to look as Pro as possible without actually doing much cycling. The Pro's shave therefore roadies shave so they can look pro at the cafe! Fortunately my legs are folically challenged which saves a fortune on Immac and Bics.  8)
&quot;General Sparks&quot; Wrote:The main, overwhelming goal of road cycling is to look as Pro as possible without actually doing much cycling. The Pro's shave therefore roadies shave so they can look pro at the cafe! Fortunately my legs are folically challenged which saves a fortune on Immac and Bics.  8)

It also assists with epic tan lines
resim
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
&quot;Skid&quot; Wrote:Big Grin I'm  liking theses guys vids ;D

The urban legend is that it lowers wind resistance & therefore increases speed.

There's a quite convincing theory that it makes treating gravel rash easier - once you had a large area of lycra clad skin & tarmac interface fallout you'll understand that one.

Personally I think it just makes the masseurs' lives easier.... oh! & maybe the massage more effective too.
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:The urban legend is that it lowers wind resistance & therefore increases speed.

There's a quite convincing theory that it makes treating gravel rash easier - once you had a large area of lycra clad skin & tarmac interface fallout you'll understand that one.

Personally I think it just makes the masseurs' lives easier.... oh! & maybe the massage more effective too.

I understand that air resistance is the bane of all roadies  Undecided but has anyone ever work out the math on shave your leg fur ?
If your lance Armstrong ,then getting every edge on the next rider counts, but does it warrant  it  for your average Jo.?
I'm honestly not just taking the piss ( well maybe a little snigger) just really curious as to is the effort of doing this worth it ?
&quot;Skid&quot; Wrote:I understand that air resistance is the bane of all roadies  Undecided but has anyone ever work out the math on shave your leg fur ?
If your lance Armstrong ,then getting every edge on the next rider counts, but does it warrant  it  for your average Jo.?
I'm honestly not just taking the piss ( well maybe a little snigger) just really curious as to is the effort of doing this worth it ?

Its genuinely not for any kind of aerodynamic advantage. The latter 2 points of Tincs post is correct. Plus the shaved legs looking better/more pro/vanity project.
&quot;General Sparks&quot; Wrote:Its genuinely not for any kind of aerodynamic advantage. The latter 2 points of Tincs post is correct. Plus the shaved legs looking better/more pro/vanity project.

chears buddy another myth busters solved for me  Smile
heres one of someone that couldn't make their mind up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />