This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afan accommodation?
Any recommendations for accommodation near Afan? Going next month and the last time I went I stayed in a campsite and tent. Never again. Painful memories of stooping over at 4am trying to get out for a leak and thighs locking up with cramp after 3 days riding.

So cheaper the better but must be a proper bed and not shared bunk bed room malarky either.

Cheers.
Have always stayed in the Premier Inn, Port Talbot or Swansea North depending on which one was cheaper at the time. Port Talbot is closest but not much further to Swansea North. They were doing rooms for 30 quid last time I looked and that sleeps 2 people.
Sounds spot on.

Cheers.
The Queens B&B in Glyncorrwg,a few hundred yards from Visitor center/bike shop.
Ta.
I stayed at Brynteg House B and B in Cymmer last year for a night. Was nice and clean and just a 2 min drive from the trails, or you can jump straight onto the cycle path and ride from there to avoid parking charges. Only advice I would give is avoid the pub in Cymmer, its not great! The cafàat Glyncorrwg above Skyline Cycles would be my choice for food if I was staying locally again. Think its open until about 10pm at weekends.
Premier Inn in Swansea always good & cheap. rooms from £29. in Town centre have multi story by Premier Inn plus loads of places to eat etc
Afan Lodge is on the trails but sod all to do plus food expensive...
A night out in Swansea is always funny just to look at the orange ladies... & all the lads are gym  monkeys   ;D