This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The London Bike Show: 13-16th February 2014
Anyone else going to this? Got a ticket for Sunday (16th). Hopefully there won't be too many shiny things trying to part me and my money.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://Www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk">Www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk</a><!-- w -->
My ticket says accepted, Im IN!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Im taking my boy on the 15th as got free tickets Smile
What a let down!
Why?
No presence from Wiggle/CRC etc, just loads of stands trying to flog you super expensive kit. It was difficult to look around without being jumped on by a salesman. Bit like being in a car showroom. Heavily merged with the Tri and Outdoor shows so not a lot of room and no real demonstrations. No seminars scheduled for Sunday they were Thurs-Sat so couldnt even sit and listen to something useful. In the past its been more Expo style with a few more freebies and smaller items to buy/old stock on sale. Garmin didnt even have any Edge units on display... If you wanted to spend money today on kit like tyres/shoes/helmets you would have been hard pressed unless you wanted a Kask helmet, Conti tyres etc. Also a huge lack of hot women wearing very little. The motorcycle show appeared to have stolen them all.

I did however learn some things about Owls and falconry...
Traffic was bad getting there today. Three hours from ashford  :'(
Dive show was tip top, lots of stands selling lots of stuff and very help full people manning them. The travel part was good for choice of companies offering tailored made trekking / biking exotic trips. I only got to do the bike part fot the last hour and the people working the stands were burnt  out by then, probable by idiots like me asking lots of annoying questions and squeezing all the brake levers  Big Grin  as said not much for sale on the bike section in the way of mountain bike cloths or parts. If your going for cycle, especially mtb on its own it's not really worth it but if your after a selection of outdoor pursuits it's a good day out.
Glad I didn't bother going
was lovely sunny day yesterday, great day for being out on the bike  Smile
&quot;MobileBikeClinic&quot; Wrote:Glad I didn't bother going

I was thinking of this while stuck in the traffic. But I'd pre paid tickets, never thought for a minute it wouldn't be raining,dooooooh!  Big Grin
&quot;MobileBikeClinic&quot; Wrote:Glad I didn't bother going

Indeed! It was nice to hang around a bit, sit in the car park in the sun eating a sandwich. Excellent.  Smile