This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New commuter build
Time for a new commuter build. Frame - check Smile

resim
Some weather proofing essentials have arrived...

resim

And I've just had a phone call from the powder coating company saying the frame is ready to pick up, which is a much quicker turn around than I was expecting Smile
"Neil" Wrote:Some weather proofing essentials have arrived...

resim

And I've just had a phone call from the powder coating company saying the frame is ready to pick up, which is a much quicker turn around than I was expecting Smile

Looks like that will keep you warm and dry.... Undecided
Oooh! Is it a cable holdy thing? Where you get it?
Yeah, a clamp on cable stop so I can run full outers. Middleburn cable oilers too so that I can keep things running smoothly easily.

Purchased from SJS cycles - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/down-tube-stops-fittings-dept668_pg1/">http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/down-tube-st ... pt668_pg1/</a><!-- m -->
How come you didn't just drill out the cable stops on the frame before you sent it to powder coaters?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I'm aware I'm still going to have to terminate the outer before it reaches the front dÃÂrailleur. As the frame was designed to run exposed cables along the down tube there aren't any cable stops past the two located close to the head tube.

I'm planning on running the outers through drilled cable stops at the start of the down tube, replacing the cable guide under the bottom bracket with a clamp of some description (P-Clips currently, unless anyone has any better ideas?) and then using the 'clamp on' cable stop to terminate the run just before the mech.
Yeah run single chain ring up front...... ;D
A single ring would be lovely, but I just don't have the legs for the grind up Blue Bell Hill everyday with one!

Meanwhile, one dipped frame has been collected. I'm sure it'll look lovely when it's polished a bit. Maybe...

resim
An exposed cable won't get sticky or anything nasty, there's no probs with running exposed from high on the down tube all the way to the front derailleur as there's nothing for gunk to create friction against.
Keep it foolish...